Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, Sept 26th

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Sunday, Sept 26th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:03 am

Good morning!
Our power was put till midnight last night, we had a big storm come through.
Mary, that was a made it by the skin of your teeth moment! Looks like your day was filled with busy! I'm excited to hear what the boys think of LOTR blocks!
Judi, we went to one of those salvage yards a couple years ago..... they're crazy! They go buy yard sale stuff for a few bucks and then want hundreds or thousands, nope not for us either.
Velda, that's a beautiful place!
Diane, what a blessing to have donations like that ❤ you all have touched so many lives.
Lois, your dinosaur quilt is going to be very loved.
Chriss, you hit the jackpot yesterday! The pond clean out went pretty fast, they were filling it back up by about 4pm, I think it took a total of 6 hours of cleaning out and then about 2+ hours to fill it back up. The turtles were really happy to be back in their big open space. They went crazy eating my little mosquito fish though because the fish were put back in before it was full up to at least the plants for them to hide..... we lost a couple hundred of those during the clean out.... they multiply rapidly but the turtles help keep them under control. They aren't allowed in some states. They eat mosquito larvae in case any might get in the pond. We had a severe thunderstorm warning last night and that storm hit something and caused us to lose power for over 3 hours. Sounds like you had a great time with Marilyn ❤❤
Lyn, praying that the odds are in his favor. Safe travels.
We have Jazmyne, Easton and Preston this weekend oh and Stitch too, he's their little French Bulldog puppy. I made a big meal last night but couldn't clean up the kitchen because of no power and it made cleaning up this morning take longer, yucky. I 99.9% of the time do all the dishes before bed, I hate the way dirty dishes smell and make the house smell.
We've had breakfast and played triominos and go fish so far today. I don't know if we'll get to go outside yet because it is way muddy out there right now.
You all have a great day! Prayers for those in need.
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:57 am

Lyn, great advice, think positive thoughts. That is why I will be carrying the white flower in the walkathon for Garry,

Maryq, a Muske isn't the prettiest fish but I bet it would be good eating. I think pancake syrup is something, for me, that is hard to resist. I probably could drink a shot glass full of it. I used to make pancakes just so I could have the syrup. bad bad me.

Tina, our mosquito abatement district gives mosquito fish away to help with the population. I guess the fish, mosquito, turtle, fish is really the circle of life at your house. glad you have power.

On Saturday, if there is room, I am going to take a needle turn applique class. I will call Monday to see if there is space available for me. I want to do one of the kits I got and need to brush up on those skills. Off to finish cleaning my room.

Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Good afternoon!

My lesson went well. I had more prepared than time. A good thing. Ethan is here now. It's our Sunday fun of baking and sharing. Today we are baking brownies. We have a family dinner at Matt's, so we will share them with the family. They will be frosted with a yummy buttercream sprinkled with mini M&M's. Wish y'all lived closer, we could share with you!

So not much else here. Won't see the sewing room today. Sarah stopped by with a Kimberbell pattern skinnie she made for Halloween. She was very pleased with herself and how the new machine sews. Good to have good tools!

Since Ethan is here, I may get out all my Halloween decorations. I have only three totes and all my skinnies that are stored in a closet. He can help me decorate, that is if I bribe him. Food works, and so does Disneyland money. He's a boy and not into decorating.

Do fun things,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”