Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September 24th

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: September 24th

Post by womster » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:41 am

Greetings!

Seems a car accident took out the internet and electricity so I will be brief. Nothing new here - DH is out mowing and I will be heading to sew here in a few, after some ugiles. DS2, his wife and youngest daughter are off to a huge Halloween convention type thing - it's my DDIL's biggest money maker of the year. It's somewhere in Michigan, I think. xoxo! Sharona

maryq

Re: September 24th

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:57 am

Good Morning Girls!

I'm UP! late as usual but it was so warm and toasty in my bed I didn't want to get out! Might be time to get out my flannel sheets and flannel jammies! I could turn on the furnace... but gosh it just seems too early to do that.

Judi..... Even tho I'm not much for cooking. :lol: :lol: There was a time I liked to collect cook books... but I'm thinking I should go through mine as well. My DIL Kris LOVES to cook/bake so I should probably clear out my books so she can bring some of hers house instead of boxes in the garage! Oh how I wish my kids would come and claim some of my stuff... nobody wants anything I have! :lol: But hands off my fabric until I'm good and dead... not just dead.. GOOD and dead! :lol: :lol:

Velda... Now that you have been in your new house for a bit... are you getting a little more settled in every day? Is it all just the way you want it yet?

Maryz..... I'm UP! I really think I should either set an alarm to get up or have you text me at 0830 my time to get my lazy butt out of bed. Wish I was there to help you sort! I remember laying out blocks all over my living room to sort.... so sure I was going to screw up and send somebody either too many or not enough!

Izzy.... Sending lots of prayers for you this morning... I so pray that everything is okay. When you say "Gynecologist" I so hope it's nothing serious. You are so busy all day you really need to get some good sleep at night! Menopause sucks! Been there done that... as many of us have.. It's kind of like going through a car wash without the car... you get hot and wet and stinky but when you come out the other side it's all good!

Jana.... Oh gosh... so hope there is not smoke around you. My God Daughter Jessi lives in Redding, CA and there is a fire 5 miles from her house.. She may have to evac and on top of that is in the middle of being sick with Covid!!! Isn't it fun to have Ethan so close to come and visit all the time.. Now that my grands are right here with me... it's just so darn fun! Now if I could just get them to clean their rooms.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (not my deal... I figure Mom and Dad can push that chore)

Chriss... Sorry, I kind of agree with Jerry... You just never know when you are going to find the lock that matches those keys! :lol: :lol: :lol: I try not to keep too much useless stuff.. but I have a Junk Box in my kitchen with all that wayward stuff... Comes in handy if I'm looking for a tiny screw or nail, or double sided tape. How about put all Jerry's stuff in one big tote box... then when he finds the lock.. he can find the key in his own tote! :lol:

Tina... I missed it.... are you making Holly a new quilt? For years now I've wanted to make my neighbors a quilt... the ones that snow blow for me... FINALLY finished it... it's ready to go for Christmas and the timing worked out great because now Shawn and Brennen get to do the shoveling!

Kathy... Oh fun!! What a treat to get a set of Christmas blocks! I have mine all trimmed and ready to work on.. Aren't the beautiful! I have some from years past, I might have to get out and add to this years!

Time for more coffee....Laundry to finish today, and a bit of clean up in the sewing room before I start a new project. I did actually finish a quilt the other night.. When Brennen gets home from school I'll have him hold it up so I can photo and post it. It's not an official UFO, , just one of those "oh I wonder how this would look with these old charm squares"

Have any of you guys every ordered something on line and then kicked yourself in the hiney! Have you seen ads on Facebook for sewing machines for $99.? I don't need another sewing machine, but for $99. how can you go wrong. Now I laid awake last night convinced that I really did a DUMB thing. I mean who sells a REAL Janome or Brother sewing machine for $99. I have a sneaky feeling I let myself get scammed.. Darn! Oh well, I went through PayPal, so if it never comes or is a piece of you-know-what, I can file a report with PayPal. If I do get it and it's for real, I'll let you know!

For now I'm off to get some chores done!

Wishing you all A Fabulous Friday!

Return to “Sew ins”