Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 22

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, September 22

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 am

Good morning everyone.
We got good news yesterday at the doctor. Hubby’s polyp was not malignant. Yippee Skippee! I started getting the borders together for hubby’s John Deere quilt after the dr. Today it is raining still so it is a perfect day for sewing. While I am sewing I am going to decide what colors to paint my sewing rooms. I have a cinder block wall in my sewing area that I am going to paint a color and paint the bathroom that color as well. The rest will be white. That way it will be brighter. Well I am off to get my second cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, September 22

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:16 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today I have an 8:00 apt for balance my balance test so in a few I will get ready
When I get back I will do some wash that I was suppose to do but didn't so that will be on today's schedule along with tracing more dinosaur.
Suzette so glad everything turned out well for your DH also what color are you thinking for your sewing area?

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:57 am

Good morning,Iwas up early this morning 530..We have had constant rain since last evening, I looked at the radar and it was a narrow band of clouds cominf up from the south across us,,,we will get rain for the most of the day. I wanted to get out today and do something but I hate going out in the rain, so I will find something to keep me busy, I might start cleaning drywall dust out of the basement, (mask on) there is still more sanding to do but if i can get some of this cleaned up I can get at my decorations..despite promises and tantrums it probably will not be done for the holidays,,,Im still praying that it will. ken taking on a full time job ( he hates retirement) has slowed things down quite a bit, but prayers might help/
In the meantime I have been making scrappy 9 patches for my next quilt. It will be a FBTSOYP quilt with no pattern (fly by the seat of your pants).
Well I need a cup of coffee and to decide where to start, hope you all find your starting point today,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:07 am

Lois - one wall in the sewing area is going to be a light teal I think. All the rest is going to be white so it will be brighter. The bathroom is going to be the light teal as well.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:28 am

Suzette that sounds real nice.

Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:32 am

Good morning!

This morning we have the school bus run for Ethan. Sarah is getting a new shed built in her backyard and it is scheduled to arrive at the same time as she would take Ethan to school. So we will do that. Then back home for our breakfast. It's been a long time since we had the school run! All our kids attended a school 5 miles from the house and there was no regular school bus.

Working on my lesson for Sunday. It's cooking in my brain and I do need to get some outline and notes on paper. Then I can sew. All my uglies are done for the week.

Another nailbiter of a baseball game last night. We did finally pull it out and win. The Giants have won 98 games so far this year and there is about a dozen or so left.

Do fun things!
Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 am

Good morning to all. Again my post went POOF. The keyboard is very sensitive and I must hover to close. Who knows why it happens but 1 day I will get even with it. LOL

Suzette--so very happy your DHs report came out good. I love light teal and sure it will be bright and cheerful.

Can't wait for the end of Oct. Fran and Joe will drive here on the 30th. She retires on Nov 1 or as she says 5 more Sundays and start their new lives in SC. Everyone is excited for them.
Joe is coming down with a truck on Columbus day with a friend. They will unload into the house-stay a few days and fly back to LI. Joe wants to get his license for SC. (wants to be a local)

Well, I'll be in the sewing room stop by when you can. (I have coffee to offer)
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 am

Good morning everyone cloudy with light rain Tomorrow we get sunshine Yippee
Suz Glad DHs report was good
Diane I know you are excited about your DS moving close
Lois Enjoy your sewing day I have to go on my scavenger hunt this morning It’s the same here
Jana Been a long time since I took children to school We always took ours
It’s groceries & DG then bakery
One of our friends in TN has Covid & Pneumonia He’s in Hospital He got his shots Prayers would be appreciated
Have a great day everyone. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:32 am

Good morning

SUZ - happy to hear good news on your hubby! Always such a relief. Do we get to vote for a color for your sewing room? Too bad, I'm voting anyway! I painted mine a light shade of cheery yellow with white trim. After 10 years I still loved it so I painted it the same color again when the time came.

LOIS - I somehow missed that you are doing a dinosaur project. I must have been off camping? Details, please!

JUDI - that dry wall dust is a pain! It's like laundry - never truly finished! I thought since Ken went back to work you were going to hire the rest of the job to be done. Or was that just the drywall? Good to be thinking about those decorations - before you know it, it will be time! I like "fly by the seat of your pants" projects. They make me think. And my poor brain can use the exercise!

JANA - you'll like the school bus run, I"m sure. How far is it? When we were kids, my mom drove us back and forth to school. We went to Catholic school in Tacoma (where my mom went). 15 miles across the Narrows Bridge. she would drive us in, return home, and then drive back to pick us up at 3pm. When I was in 8th grade she finally just got a job in the high school library there! lol!

DIANE - I just did the same thing - lost my half-written post but I back-arrowed and it returned. This time. I do the same thing - hover too closely over a sensitive keyboard. Or sometimes, one of my fingers hits two keys at the same time. Such fun to count the Sundays until they arrive for good! If out of staters move to WA, they are supposed to get a license within a month, I believe.

BECCA - I'm so sorry to hear your friend has Covid AND pneumonia. Especially after taking the precaution of getting vaccinated. We have a Boondocker here right now a nurse who cares for Covid patients in Montana. Almost all her patients are unvaccinated. She told us of one man who adamently refused to get the vaccine, then got Covid, came to the hospital and begged for it then. But it was too late. They put him on the vent but he died anyway.

I have a chiro appt today and will get another cold laser treatment for my carpal tunnel. After just one treatment 2 weeks ago it is remarkably improved but I think one more session should do it. Yay! I thought sure I was looking at surgery. Then I'll come home and hit the sewing room.

Everyone have a wunnerful wunnerful Wednesday!

Mary Z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:50 am

Good crisp cool morning, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

Had a little trouble with the boys yesterday, their listening skills must have been turned off. So no tv after school. Let me tell you, missing Paw Patrol is a big deal. Hoping today is much better.

This morning after taking them to school a friend and I will do out two mile walk and then I will take the things to the thrift store that I didn't take yesterday.

Yesterday I bought Marilyn some things to take to her on Monday. Flannel sheets was the main purchase. She is above 2,000 feet and gets snow. that is if the weather ever provides moisture again.

Suzette what wonderful news. so happy for DH. As for paint, my sewing room is yellow and it's bright. We have a bathroom that Marilyn picked out Melon, it's sort of an orange. It is so bright that I have to go see if the light was left on. Happy painting.

Lois, hope the balance test goes well. I don't know why you're tracing dino's but will read yesterdays post and hopefully will find out. A dino quilt sounds fun. Oh, it's for your great grand nephew. He will love it.

Judi, I hope you have the basement done by the holiday's too. it's going to be a wonderful room. Love the 4 patch idea, what size are you making? I saw a pattern that had a 4 patch and jelly roll idea. the jelly roll was cut into maybe 6 or so inch strips with a 4 patch at each end and it make the 4 patches staggered through the quilt Kind of like a jelly roll race anyway, it was cool.

Jana, happy bus driving duty. What will your lesson be about?

Diane, so glad the kids will start moving things in, that must mean escrow is closed. I just may show up in your sewing room for a sew day, I'll bring a snack and we can brainstorm on how to get revenge with your keyboard

Becca, sorry for your friend, prayers have been said. I love that Lois called it a scavenger hunt, she's funny. Enjoy your sunshine.

Maryz, I think there are many who refused to get vaccinated and ended up in the hospital only to beg for the vax. Sad. I tried to explain boondocking to my uncle, I think it's something he may like. I'm anxious for Sunday so I can hear how Drew likes the quilt. Bet his chin hits the floor.

Flo, and is that new DGD just the best DGD ever? Pictures appreciated. And make sure there is an added smooch from me in there somewhere.

Velda, hope the fill a school bag had a good turn out at your church. Fun to get involved.

Maryq, I bet you have a lot of the Fat Cat patterns. The dino's are cute. I love the angel pattern she has too. Anymore talk about condo's?

I think I have found what to do for my elf. I have a plan at least, now to search my stash hoping I have just the right fabric to make the surprise. so fun.

Hope you all have a blessed day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”