Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday September 20th

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Monday September 20th

Post by womster » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:09 am

Good morning!

Chriss – sorry you couldn’t sleep. I love the fluffy towels at Costco also. How fun to have a girls day with Marilyn. You’re such a good grandma. Hope you don’t get into too much trouble today.

Becca – oh I hate it that you’re in pain. I’m glad you have something to at least take the edge off. Too bad about the twins having croup – that can be so scary.

Judi – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What a wonderful surprise to have your brother flying in. It is indeed a blessing. Hope you feel better soon. I also struggle with is it allergies or a cold? All I know is when I stop using Flonaise, the runny eyes/nose/cough returns.

Maryz – yes they were all thrilled. I wish I liked football (or any sport), but it is what it is. DH doesn’t like fantasy (like LOTR) or SciFi, but we muddle through. Sorry your team didn’t win. HAHA re the boondockers sign. Although I think a quilt block should be incorporated into it.

Diane – congrats to your kids on their new house! Glad their flights back to LI went smoothly.

Jana – sounds like Lila had the best time at the wedding. We’re going to be below 30 tomorrow – DH is not sure we’ll need the furnace. I think he will change his mind…

Maryq – I bet you’re glad it’s Monday so you can rest up from the weekend! I used to take Melatonin – it did help me sleep. I hope it continues to help you. Congrats on the great price for your project boxes.

Lori – nice to see you.

Valerie – how exciting to be learning about your new machine. Sure hope your 90s start fading away.

Izzy – how cute – the frog is just huge but not really huge. Love it!

Yesterday was nice, but my poor DBIL. His back surgeries are slated for October 6th and 8th – they are fusing his entire spine. He was in so much pain yesterday. They are worried because of the Covid surges that his surgery might be canceled until a later date. I sucked up two yellow jackets with the dustbuster that the cat was –‘playing’ with. Now I’m afraid to clean it out unless I know for sure they are dead! I might put it into the freezer, because I read that kills them for sure. As for now, I’m headed out to sew! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:29 am

Happy Birthday, Judi
Happy Anniversary, Izzy
Chris's, what a great day to spend with Marilyn!
How adorable if two little cousins dancing at the wedding. Warms my heart!
Maryz: Haven't started on diaper project yet. Maybe tomorrow.
MaryQ: I use Melatonin, too. How it helps, I don't know, but it works for me.

Today is my new bible study class at noon.
Then a project with DH to get another device hooked up to record programs on TV that are received over the air on antenna. We will get DISH hooked up in October. Until then we are watching with over the air antenna. We had this device in RV, just remembering that we could hook it up and not miss a few favorite programs. It takes both of us, since I had less trouble with directions on how to set the timers to record.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:47 am

Good Very Chilly Morning...........not going out of the 60's today....

The washing machine is all fixed......she was here at 8:30. Took 3 visits but I can wash all day.
I also got a call this morning from the cleaning service Kelly will be here Thurs's at 8am each week. I'm so happy. Not much else going on here, I always seem to be playing catch-up. My big ugly today is to clean up the rest of the uncooked eggs off the floor. So much for scrambled eggs for breakfast. Just had the toast.

Chriss......here I am! Sorry about you loss of sleep. Oh I just love new towels so thick & lush. There are things I buy & I think 'I'll never be buying this again'. Sounds like a fun trip to visit Marilyn though a long ride.

Becca...........looks like you are getting a lot done. Hope that means you are feeling much better. Prayers for then twins for a quick recovery.

Judi.....Happy Happy Birthday!! Hope it's sweet for you. What wonderful news for you & your brother. I'm 73 & my DGD is 16 I sometimes wonder if I'll see a Dear Great grandchild.

Maryz.......Well I didn't sleep well last night & I just woke laying on the computer for 35 mins. That's a new one for me. I missed this Boondocker thing you are doing. I'm guessing like a AirB&B.

Love& Prayers....................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”