Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Roll Call

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Roll Call

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:12 am

We haven't had a roll call in years.

How are you, not just wanting to hear an "Oh I'm fine" answer. How are you really doing?

What is new and exciting in your world, Catch us up?

Check in. If you are just lurking or if you check in daily, let us know how you are doing.
Exodus 33:14

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Roll Call

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 am

How are you really doing? I'm doing surprisingly well. I have to say I am a pretty happy girl.

What is new and exciting in your world Lots of changes recently. My position at work was eliminated after 31.5 years. On the upside I am eligible for retirement and am making plans to do volunteer work. I'm getting myself healthy and moving forward. I'm liking the new version of me. The down side is I am having a time finding my exact niche. searching for things to keep me moving isn't easy. I'm not completely sure what I want to do with myself so am still looking for something to get me out of the house and around people.
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:40 am

Thank you Chriss - I am doing very well. I see the hand of the Lord in everything I do, the many blessings He pours out on me and my family daily, even hourly! I am happy. And when those doubts and insecurities creep in, I look about me, and see just how blessed I am. With family and friends. I do count my blessings and name them one by one. Words from a favorite hymn.

I try to listen to that still small voice and find acts of service that I can do to help another.

Y'all keep me grounded and teach me what I need to be doing!

Thanks for that!
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:43 am

How are you,
I'm amazing! If I was any happier it would be illegal!

What is new and exciting in your world?

Well, most of you know that my oldest son and his family have returned to the USA from their time living in Calgary, Canada. My DDIL is looking for a new job and my DS went right back to work at the company heh worked for before they moved. They are all living with me, which makes things a teeny bit more crowded, as they also brought along a dog and a cat! BUT It's totally awesome and I am loving every minute of it! My 3 "spare" bedrooms have now reverted back to real bedrooms for 2 teenagers (Brennen 17 and Evie 14), so most of my fabric stash has been relocated to the garage. But I can still get at my machine and plan on sewing as much as I can. DDIL Kris is a wonderful cook and like to cook, so we have been taking turns doing kitchen duty and it is working out really well. We've chatted about them possibly buying my house and me moving to a townhouse somewhere, but... only if the stars all align!

That's it in a nutshell from me

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:46 pm

How are you really doing?
I am feeling very happy and blessed. I love this "quilt circle of friends"! I look forward to our daily visits.

What is new and exciting in your world?

As most of you know, we have been full time RVers for the past 10 years. We now have our camper and boat up for sale. We will be moving to a small condo in town and will be not traveling anymore. We are excited for our new chapter. All the moving will take place next month.
That's my newest news. Thanks everyone for being my good friends.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 am

How are you doing.
Well 2 yrs post accident and I am trying to wean myself off the medication they put me on for all the nerve damage. My dr and I sat down last week with a plan. Letโ€™s hope it works. I still have days of pain in my back and hips but overall I am truly blessed.

Whats new.

I am a quilting fool. LOL Working hard on UFOS My grand is now 4 and starts preschool in September. I will be home schooling him his elementary years and then he gets to choose what he wants to do for middle and high school. My crazy bucks ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ got in with my girls and yup you guessed it we will have winter kids. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช I hadnโ€™t planned on breeding but here we go again. Iโ€™m really getting too old for this and may relook at who goes and who stays come spring.

Love chatting here just so busy canโ€™t always get here. I feel missed so much lately. I pulled out swap blocks the other day so many are gone and missing.๐Ÿ˜ž
๐Ÿizzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:46 am

What a great idea,,,,

How am i really......I stay busy and despite being 74 years I think i get a lot done.... As kens gramma used to say..."Oh! How the Lord has blessed me!"

Whats new.....trying to get a 100 yer old house in order and kind of redecorated...we started with the basement..someone tried to finish ig off 50+ years ago and we decided to do it our way and make it actual living space..we are about half done, we removed the laundry room and moved it upstairs and added a bathroom down there, so far completely redid all the electricl and plumbing,,,we have a boiler and hot water heat which ken is remodeling at this time. I am excited to have this new "family room"/
In the quilting department I have one quilt on the LA and one in progress and no UFOs..
We have had our grand daughter from Main for 2 months this summer quite an adjustment hving a teen in the house...

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:09 am

Hope everyone doing great.
Kids moved into their own house a few weeks ago. Stress greatly reduced here even though we are still finishing up little things there.
I have a new Granddaughter, number 4. Posted pic on Wednesday sew in. I joke my grandsons have 4 Paws and a tail...
Flo

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 am

How am I doing? I would say I am doing pretty well for all we have been through the last 1 1/2 years. I am so glad we don't have to wear the masks as of today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. Enjoy riding my John Deere and mowing when weather is nicer. Had both my vaccines shots so I feel pretty good going out in the world. Since I am not a big goer staying home was not a big adjustment, but glad to be able to get out more now.

As far as what is exciting and going on in my world not a lot. I have my cross stitching projects. I also got my sewing room redone so I can work on my quilting easier. Still haven't got back in the mood to quilt but it is coming. Think I will get back this week. I also got a TV in there so I can watch Disney+, Amazon Prime, and Paramount while I sew. Smoke and Sweetie are keeping me company and are spoiled as usual. Also watching my Cubs on TV as well as other sports. I have been watching some Olympics but I really can't get into them too much this year.

I don't post every day here but I do read most of your posts so I know what you are all doing. The FedEx guy just brought my latest delivery of 1000 piece puzzles. I already had alot but with staying in I have gotten more. I read where doing cross words and puzzles keep your mind good and I need it.

Have a good day everyone!
Sherry

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:36 am

How am I Good question. Trying not to do any more damage to my shoulder. Working my fanny off in gardens . Otherwise I am taking care of my back. My general health is fine. I have been trying Veldas positivity to look at world no sense thinking bad thoughts. I am a little overweight like 10 pounds.
Whats exciting in my world. Not a lot. Unless you count actually working on two quilts and staying on schedule. lol I got one tree taken down and is gone. The biggest thing is my sister is still in remission . She has had blood cancer. Told you nothing else going on.
I guess I could include Boos heart problem good thing he is still with me. I also have three kitties. I started giving Sadie milk and she has quit up chucking. KIKI is my sweet little girl she is three. And of course theres Scooby My 12.5 pd. part maincoon . He still meows and sounds like a kitten. My x is still staying with me and does help out.
I did have to buy a new dryer and riding lawn mower. Which made my x happy. And I can take part off my taxes because he uses to mow farm land.
I dont post everyday but try to participate.
I read everything every day. I really enjoyed the sew a long and cant wait to see finished quilts. I really love the circle of friends I have on here. Well I guess thats all
Katy

Return to โ€œSew insโ€