Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July 26

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Monday July 26

Post by womster » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 am

Good morning!

Vel – I know what you mean about thinking of menu ideas for the heat of the summer. The nice thing about Laundromats is you get it all done a lot more quickly than at home, where you can only do one load at a time. Thanks for sounding the alarm this morning.

Flo – congrats on the new granddaughter! Glad everyone is doing well.

Judi – almost to the drywall phase – yay! And how lovely to get an update on the electricity, plus the internet.

Jana – enjoy the Batt cave.

Diane – oh I found so many of the ‘one day I’ll get it done’ projects. How fun to start each day at the beach.

Maryz – HB to Scottie! I can’t believe he is eight already. Wow… Hmm – I wonder what Bill is up to. I’m glad you’ll have a Dean jr to hear from, AND that Dean Sr didn’t go to that big chicken farm in the sky. Slugs – GROSS. Oh my – sorry to hear about Bob’s heart attack. News like this really makes me stop and remember how precious life is. Prayers for him. And yes, this is where I work, but I was already not going to work there starting in September, as I’ll be attending a different Bible study that day. I vacillate almost hourly on that. Can’t wait to see the pics of G3.

Sherry – my DH has boycotted the Olympics due to all the protests. He used to be such a HUGE sports fan, especially the Broncos and football. He is almost to the point of not watching even football anymore because of the playing of two national anthems at the beginning of each game this season. Have a lovely breakfast at Bob’s. We will be eating at the one near our hotel in Tipp City in a couple of weeks. Yay!

Chriss – good for you already getting a workout in. That Moose – our pets sure are entertaining. Have fun playing in your sewing room.

Maryq – you sound like you’re having a blast with the kids there. I hope you find the perfect outfit for the Memorial.

Our low this morning was 53 – it felt like fall! I’m headed outside once I finish up all my desk work. Every day I start a little earlier, but no matter what, I never can get outside before 10. There’s always something demanding my attention. The hummingbirds are having a territorial dispute and have given me a headache with their constant wing droning. I wonder if male birds have testosterone. The mountain lions continue to attack and kill farm animals – at this rate they’re going to have to bring someone in to take care of the proble. Gosh it seemed like I had a few other tidbits but they have flown out of my brain. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Re: Monday July 26

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 am

Batt Cave parameters- it is a full height, just shy of 8 foot ceilings, 2000 square feet. It has 6 windows, each window is 4'x5'. It is fully insulated, with 6 inch fiberglass Batt, and sheetrock on the walls. Down by my sewing area, the basement is almost a walkout to ground level. The temperature in the Batt Cave is always 72. No matter what season. In the winter if we want it a bit warmer, we have heater duct work that we can use, by opening the register. Summer we keep it off, it is just the right cool. Floor is currently cement, but we are adding vinyl plank that is waterproof.

We have ladders for escape on the tall window wells. My window by my sewing island just needs a step stool to get out for escape. So it is very liveable space,, bright and sunny and a happy place to be in. No need to come upstairs, we have a freezer, small refrigerator, food and a microwave, oh a bathroom too. It is our hobby area, me getting about a third of the total space, the railroad the rest. I have more sew space in that area than I can ever fill up. LOL! Well maybe.......

So now you know,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”