Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday June 23,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday June 23,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:44 am

Good Morning,

Today is going to be a cool day just about 70
It only 53 right now.
I'm on my own today Bill is going with his brother to his sons to work on his shed I'm hoping it will be done soon this kid should have taken his father shed shopping they make it look easy but you know how that is.
Well enough of this .
I will do a load of wash and find something to sew.
Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Wednesday June 23,2021

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:06 am

Morning Lois & all to follow
Yesterday was our cool day. Today will be a little warmer, but not like last week.
Finally started weeding my blackberries Yesterday. I am almost done. Will knock it out this morning.
For now its coffee time.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:35 am

Good morning!

Awake, but not quite up. Just checking to see if we had power back. Just as I finished teaching last night, our power went out. There was a transformer on the next street over, you can see it from my deck, that was overheating, so it was replaced. Michael and Scott, with nothing else to do, went over to talk with the crew and got the details. Usually, Michael finds the problem before the repair crew arrives and kibbutz with the boss on the repair. Something electrical engineers just do. Once delivering newspapers with my boys in California, a transformer overheated and caught fire, sending a shower of flaming sparks, raining down on the ground. In our so very tinder dry conditions, here, right now, that would not be good!

So I can sew, do uglies and all that good stuff! Even stay cool, with the A/C running! That's a good thing!

Oh, my class went very well. 6 girls, and we finished 5 of 6 pj's. The only one , not done,, had some major technical difficulties. We have a lot of frogging to do. She will come over to my Batt Cave and finish today. I will be able to work one on with her. She lives just up the street, kitty corner from my house. I was a tired puppy last night, helping the girls, but it was lots of fun!

Well, I can see the beginning of morning, the sky has lightened from the east. Mr Sun will peek over the mountains in a couple of minutes. Another beautiful, but hot day here.

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:40 am

Good Morning,,,I really need to weed also but seems like there is too much to do inside. I am hoping it doesnt rain this weekend and I can get to the flower beds and weeds...I put mulch down but thet find away,
I have a pedicure appt this afternoon at 3 so I will wash a couple of windows and sew a few star blocks/ I need my sandal feet, it is my guilty pleasure...plus it is hard to get the toes done at home these days.
Wonder how Cindy and Don are doing and Maryrose. and Chickie and Becca. Prayers for them in these trying times...have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:09 am

Good morning

Today is Home day. 375 miles. It should take us between eight and nine hours, depending on how much we stop. Time was, that was a short travel day for us. Not anymore! We will be tired when we get home

I’m sure I have weeding to do also. Maybe next week. And maybe not! 😜

Becca was scheduled to go to rehab unit yesterday. I believe she was able to be up a little bit with a walker. Their son lives two hours away from them, and their daughter three hours. But they have a few grandkids that live fairly close and I’m sure they will help out

Chickie is doing pretty well. Just has short periods of wobbliness now and then I believe.

Cindy did not answer my last text of about five days ago so I am not sure how Don is doing. I do know she is still working full-time.

I haven’t heard anything from or about Mary Rose/Rosebud for quite a while.

Just thank God we have Cathy back with us again!

Piece!

Mary z

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning, everyone. Gloomy start to our day, but sunshine is coming. Then after today, we are going to have major rain event. Chance of rain every day for almost a week
Had a great visit yesterday with my brother and his lady friend.
Still healing and feeling stronger each day. After the two-week mark, come Sunday, I am supposed to start getting back to regular activities. I plan to go slowly, but I really am ready to get back to normal.
Prayers for all our friends dealing with serious issues and healing.
Have a great day
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:14 am

Just a quick hello. Garry has treatments early today.
We had a fantastic time at my Aunt's birthday party! Garry has mentioned several times that it was nice to get to know my cousins. All of my Aunt's nieces and nephews were there. I helped set up and tear down the church hall where the party was. DH and I stayed an extra day so my Aunt didn't feel like everyone deserted at once. Her kids appreciated my staying. Also appreciated that we parked at the farm. That way I could visit more and still check on Garry and Minnie.
Have to read up here. I'm so sorry to hear of Becca's fall. Sending prayers to all in need.
Lyn

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Better late than never! DH's bro and wife came into town, so there went my day. It seems that in the summer, we can't hold onto our plans too tightly. The new smoker arrived, and we got it all set up and smoked in, as they say. We plan on inaugurating it tomorrow with a flank steak.

See you all in the morning! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:56 pm

I finally showed up, late but seems that's me lately.

This morning I went for a walk and then one of the gals and I went to town so she could find a few things she couldn't live without. We ended up at a fruit stand where I bought some apricots and squash. The squash was buy a bucket for $4 and get one free. I have a lot of squash. I will make a squash torte and maybe even take one to my parents.

Other than that it's pretty much dull around here. I love my dull uneventful drama free life.

Lyn, glad the birthday went well. hope Garry is doing well also.

Maryz, I really do appreciate your updating me on everyone. It's nice of you to get updates for all of us.

Sharona, how was the ekg? did the test go well.

Kathy, hope you didn't drown under that months worth of mail. don't forget to breathe.

Jerry and I are planning a trip to see Marilyn on July 2nd. I am so excited. Marilyn has decided to start making jewelry, she is making anklets so far. I am going to contribute to her jewelry stash. And we will also go have lunch with her and boyfriend Noah, then grocery shopping. I like to know her larder is full.

No other exciting news here. Hope you girls have a marvy rest of the week,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”