Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thurs May 6th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

thurs May 6th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 06, 2021 3:58 am

Good Morning Everyone is sleeping, we will go to Kens sister to say good bye, as our guests leave tonight,
On the Covid front my oldest son tested negative, and just has a bad cold. The Grandson and grandson both are positive both not too sick ( achy no taste and smell) so they are both staying at one house and grand daighter (pregnent one) and Ryker (5 yo) are staying with my son at his house to keep th covid separate. all are feeling pretty good/ considering,
I might try to do a load of laundry today as I dont knw when I will get back to it...tomorrow is the quilt show and this weekend is a hockey tournament for Liams team it will be the first one we have gotten to see in a long time...His team has done some major changes and they look very good. so it looks like saturday and sunday will be at the rinks. monday we get our taxes done and then life may settle down to working on the basement and perhaps some sewing, I did cut out a new quilt but no time to sew. well that s it from "busyville" hope you have a great day,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: thurs May 6th

Post by Becca » Thu May 06, 2021 4:42 am

Good morning everyone sunny here
Thank you for all your kind words & thoughts
I have to be at Dr for shots first appt so it’s fly by
Judi So glad your family is doing good with virus Glad your week went well
To everyone have a great day Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 am

Good morning!

Hopefully a quiet day here. Just waiting for all the deliveries over the next few days. Ethan was here last night. He helped carry in groceries and had dinner with us. Sandee, Scott, and Sarah's family are all going camping this weekend. Not too far away, about 90 minutes, up in the mountains. I am putting the final touches on my RS lesson for Sunday. It's in person now, no more Zoom meetings.

A bit of sewing, a tad bit of uglies, my day, such a boring old routine here in these parts. Warm too!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning Judi and all that follow
Its raining lightly. so no gardening today.
I am doing my hair so if I decide to go to guild Monday it will be done. It looks like all my plants from QVC are on there way. so next week will be garden garden garden. I am going to have to find someone to mow grass. My x decided to go home. I can handle the little piece off the porch . and if the rest does not get mowed o well. I will work on my gardens and trim.
Judi have fun at the show. I am going to attend any shows locally.
Well I am off to rinse this stuff off my hair.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning

Yesterday I got all the laundry done. BIG job! We also grocery shopped and I had chiro appt. Today, remake trailer bed, vac, and mop. Then close the door on it until next trip - May 17. And maybe sew something, she said hopefully. Catch up on Sew Along blocks, I think. I am woefully behind.

JUDI - I missed some of your Covid updates because I was gone. Who all is sick with Covid now in your family? Glad your visit with your guests went OK, and I hope tomorrow is spendiferous!

BECCA - I hope we didn't delay you getting to your appt, but we did want to say good morning to you!

JANA - would you rather give your classes in person or on Zoom, now that you've got the hang of that modern convenience?

KATY - I haven't even looked at most of your yard for 3 weeks. I bet yours is really pretty. And where is "home" for your X?

MARY Q - Miss you!

CHRISS - What's happening in your world lately besides work? Any word yet on if they will let you keep working from home after things settle down? How is your step-mom. Though I'm just going to call her your Mom.

VAL - I remember when my dad had cataract surgery. After having both eyes done (not at same time) I took him for a check-up and he insisted nothing had changed. But doctor told me he was seeing 20/20. So I guess it's all in the "eye" of the beholder.

LORI - how is your mom doing?

SHERRY - have fun tomorrow with JUDI!

SUZETTE - I saw you finished your braid. What's next?

LOIS - You're doing a tee shirt quilt? As long as you use stabilizer it should be no different that putting together any other quilt. I cut out the pieces I wanted from the shirts, cutting them oversize. Applied stabilizer and then trimmed them. I used smaller logos from pockets, backs, sleeves on a border. I think you'll enjoy the process and it will turn out great!

I'm off to walk, then shower and then off to massage appt.

Piece!
mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu May 06, 2021 8:11 am

Good Morning Girls

Before I start all the nasty chores that await me... I HAVE to come and say HI and check in with you. I feel like I've been gone for so long and I sure miss my daily check in and chat!

It's been a crazy couple weeks and I feel like I haven't hardly been home. Last week I think I spent almost every day helping David clean out his garage.... over the weekend we had a bit of a garage sale (excuse me if I've told you this already). Then this week, there was still more clean up to do. I did stay home on Tuesday to try to make sense out of my house.. which looks like a tornado came through. Boxes of stuff every where.. things that need to go to Goodwill, things that I want to take to Viv's for the Garage sale in Wisconsin. I will be SO SO SO glad when things get back to normal. David is flying to Alaska tomorrow afternoon, but I have the key code to get in his house, and after I get back from Wisconsin there will be a few little things that need to be done there. He has no family, so I guess I've kind of adopted him. He is super anxious to get up to Alaska and has a 2nd job interview with a company he interviewed when he went up to visit.

Anyway.... I hope to be back to normal soon... I'm going to Wisconsin Monday or Tues and will take my Ipad along and hope to keep in touch while I'm there. I'm looking forward to visiting with Tom and Viv, but I just know that another garage sale is going to take the stuffin' right out of me. When I get home it will be more cleaning and re-arranging to get house ready for the Canadians! But I'm pretty darn excited for that! I am going to take one day and SLEEP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For now I hear Mr. Maytag calling my name so I better grab my coffee and try to get a few things done.... I get to stay home today! Which means I don't have to take a shower.... :lol: :lol:

Miss you all too!

womster

Post by womster » Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning!

Judi – busyville indeed. Have a great time at the hockey tournament. Hope the Covid at your DGS’s house stays on the achy side – no taste and no smell would not be fun.

Becca – happy shot day. Hope the allergies are staying manageable.

Jana – enjoy your boring day.

Katy – sounds like you need to rest up for the garden-a-thon next week.

Maryz – I bet it’s a nice feeling to have the trailer all buttoned up and ready for the next trip. Have a lovely massage.

Today is a repeat of yesterday. Might sneak in a wee bit of yard work before the next storm hits. DH has been putting bags of topsoil on the area out front where I’m going to plant periwinkle for a ground cover. All I have to do is rip them open and pour it out. We have a neighbor kid who will do the planting – my arthritis puts a spanner in the works for digging. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 06, 2021 9:42 am

Mary, she's been unconscious for over a week now. They are keeping her comfortable. I go up and see her several times a day, and help my dad with things. Their wedding anniversary is May 9 which will mark be their 68th. It's very hard for him to see her this way.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”