Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tues April 13th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

tues April 13th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:32 am

Good morning sun shining so bright this morning has to pull the shade to see the screen. No plans today so I guess I will sew...I am almost done with the quilt need to get the LA set up to quilt them...
We aew cold though still in the 40s...so yard work will have to wait a bit more,,,we will stay low 50s for the week...oh well . I have tulips blooming,,,now that I know where they are I can dig up the ones that do not bloom.....We have a place here in Michigan called Holland...they produce millions of tulips a year ( even have a tulip festival) People there said like everything else they quit after a while...to throw them away and plant new..Since you can buy them here inexpensively,,,I might just plan new. Found some rougue daffodils blooming in the yard too not even sure how they got there,,but I will try to gather them up to replant elsewhere also...well i need to move. maybe a move to a quilt shop or joanns or hobby lobby too....have a sew-wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: tues April 13th

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:41 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

It's in the 40's as well here no rain today but Thursday and Friday it will it will be an in day today there is some wash to do and of course there is always sewing that I can do :lol: for sure.
Yesterday we had a nice visit from Olivia and her friend Cheyenne after lunch they went to the mall then came back and left.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a nice day prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:52 am

Good morning. Nothing new here. Enjoyed the dancing last night. It was a brand new venue. Big crowd so it was very much a success. They will meet again in two weeks. We were surprised how people acted like there was no pandemic. That part was weird to me.
We still maintain caution though.
Have a great day.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 am

Good morning everyone We had a glorious sunrise this morning All shades of Rose & pinks Just beautiful When I raised the blind There on the porch laid a rug & mail
I guess they put it there & we didn’t see it

Judi I have tried digging up jonquils & they are so deep I can’t get them Squirrels must have buried the bulbs They will do that
Lois Glad your DGD got to visit I always enjoy those visits from ours
Maryq Yes the sauce is homemade I used to can about 12 qts every year but not anymore It’s so much better
Glad you are going to have some of your family close We miss ours being close
Velda Glad you we’re able to go dancing Sure you enjoyed it

It’s going to be more hand quilting today
Hope everyone has a great day Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:31 am

Morning
Nothing new today. More weeding of flower beds.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:30 am

Good morning!

Chilly and windy here today. We have wind warnings, so better batten down the hatches. Good day to sew.

Not much new around here. Same stuff, different day. We did go out to drop off our Shipbells clock for repair and stopped at Harbor Freight and picked up some grabber thingys. They are great for reaching things and are only $3 each. We were down to a couple and needed some more. Today's adventure is the PO to mail off our State Taxes. If you owe, the tax programs don't have a setup to pay them online. Such a hassle! Oh well , the PO is just a block from a LQS!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 am

Good morning,

It's window day here! At last! Lots of last minute things to do. Plus, I made choc chip cookies for the crew. They will have fresh hot coffee available, too, as well as ice water. So glad it's going to be a nice day - 63* and sunny - because we'll be outside working in our yard or in our trailer most of the day. I will cross-stitch/read when not weeding/raking.

JUDI - our daffodils are all over the place as well as blue bells. The squirrels eat my tulips but daffodils are poisonous, so they last longer. Along our highway here are a lot of daffodils growing seemingly wild. But they are on my grandpa's first homestead here. His first wife died in 1908, he sold out, moved back to NY, met & married my grandmother, and moved back to WA. I like to think those daffodils are descendants of his flowers. :)

Make it a good day!
mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 am

Good Morning Girls

Woke up to a thin layer of snow on the ground when I got up at 0730 (ok so I went back to bed for 5 more minutes) It's gone now, but still no bright sun shine. :cry:

Probably won't see the sewing room today... except to clean it... All that cleaning chores I've put off are now due today... So if you need me, I'll be running around with scrub bucket and mop!

We're kind of in the thick of things here in Minnesota... I'm sure we've made the national news again. I got an emergency message on my phone last night.... Governor issued a 7pm to 6am curfew for Minneapolis and St. Paul. I so hope things don't get so totally out of hand like they did last year... The whole incident was a little closer to where I live... a suburb instead of Minneapolis proper...

Not much else to tell y'all.... I did manage to go get groceries yesterday, even tho it was raining I figured I'd better not put it off another day.

and now my brain just flat lined... so I think I better go grab some more coffee and get to work.

I'll see you tomorrow morning. I pick up my BFF at the airport tomorrow afternoon... flight arrives at 2pm!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

womster

Post by womster » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:09 am

Good morning!

Judi – rogue daffodils – I love that term. I bet that tulip place is beautiful to see. Have fun shopping and sewing.

Lois – how nice to visit with Olivia and Cheyenne.

Vel – I don’t understand that either. I bet it felt good to get out and dance.

Becca – have a wonderful time hand-quilting.

Flo – happy weeding.

Jana – how convenient that you can mail off your taxes and go to the LQS.

Maryz – happy window day! I like the daffodil descendant theory.

Maryq – you were smart to go back to bed until the snow melted. I’m sorry for the troubles happening in your state. I’m so excited for you tomorrow.

I didn’t make it here yesterday. We decided to go to Costco since it’s supposed to rain and snow the rest of the week. I’ve started going through my fabric – reorganizing and folding it instead of stuffing it into storage containers. I have to wear a mask and gloves because even though they’ve been stored in covered containers, there’s still a lot of dust! Some of this fabric is over 30 years old and I don't even remember buying it. Nothing else exciting out here. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:56 am

Sharona, fabric over 30 years old? Wow....can you sell it as vintage? I've come to realize that fabric I loved years ago, I don't so much anymore. I get rid of it. I give it to the guild if I think they can use it, or throw it away. Some of it was in baskets that I won or on sale. So I don't feel bad trashing it.

Judi enjoy your flowers. We don't get those here because they need to freeze in the winter. I tried to put bulbs in the freezer, but they never came back.

Jana, there was a Harbor Freight store by Jonathan's old house. It has tons of stuff.

Vel, dancing sounds wonderful. It's been ages since I've been out dancing. I do dance around the house with the dogs though. lol

Need to clean the house a bit, then maybe sew. After doing the taxes, I just couldn't get back into the swing of it yesterday. Maybe today.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”