Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday December 9th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday December 9th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:42 am

Good morning,,up at 530 today dont have a ton to do but a little laundry and some dust bunnies to chase. I have some more cards to write. and one more package to mail. baking is on the agenda today too...
I need to get on the wrapping agenda.

We had a nice time with the family at Nolans birthday party. He of course is 14 and thinks its all too big a deal. but it was fun.

Well I think I need coffee to get me going. so off to the kitchen I go...

I did manage to get photos posted in the photo section...and it still doesn t always work...so it is what it is...have a great day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Re: Monday December 9th

Post by velvet » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:57 am

Tried to find your pictures but unfortunately I had no luck. I have the same list on my to-do as you.
The tree is done. My DD and SIL with my 2 DGD's, (10 and 13) DS and DIL to come on the 21st for the week to do their tree and deck out the upstairs in the tv room and then we are set.
Laura is doing great. I read this morning that the actor who was Big Bird for all those years has passed away from DYSTONIA, which is 1 of the diseases Laura has.
I hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays.
Check back later.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:21 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy with drizzle here.
Judi Itoo agree that they go overboard with the parties but guess that’s the new way.
I loved your pictures.

Diane Im So Happy for Laura that she is doing better.Know you are excited about your kids coming.Mine are too at least some of them.No way they can all come at one time.

Chris Sure hope you succeed with your diet.Sure your DS will be proud of you no matter how you are.It is a hard time with Of year to do that.

It’s a busy Town errands day here.Lab work for DH,shots for me,Hardware,PO to mail gifts.
Laundry to do.Hope everyone has a great day. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:57 am

Good morning,

JUDI - sounds like you are just about ready for Christmas! Will you be baking a lot? I'm sure Nolan enjoyed his party even if he projected an "aw, shucks" attitude.

DIANE - glad Laura is doing so much better! Judi's photos are in the PHOTO section under the thread about Decorations.

BECCA - I'll meet you at the lab. I'm going for blood work, too, this morning. And chiropractor after that.

CHRISS - i forgot to ask, what will Rich's masters degree be in? Our trip is going to be in August. And I can't imagine you should be losing 100 pounds. You are tall! I remember you saying way back when that Marilyn called Nutcrakers numchuckers. lol!

TINA - Hope you had a happy birthday! You got a lot of decorating done. I don't do the back rooms - just living, dining, family. I have a couple little items set in the kitchen and upstairs bathroom. I guess the 'decorations' in my sewing room are Christmas fabrics tossed everywhere. :lol:

JANA - did you get all your decorations, quilts, and skinnies up? How much snow do you have? Does it melt between storms or is it piling up? I bet it was sweet to see your two girls up there, singing, and playing the flute.

MARY Q - I think for most items, the date on the package in a BEST IF USED BY date, not an EXPIRATION date. Use your craisins. I think you need to put baby gates in all your rooms to block out whoever is making all your messes! lol! Nice to be included in the in-law's Christmas parties. That would NEVER happen here! My kids all have nice spouses but it's a wonder with the parents they had. One is in prison, one should be, one is a mentally ill drug addict, one is a major SOB, one is dead, I think from terminal rudeness. The best of the lot is my 2nd late DH's ex-wife. (Yes, I married the dad and Lara married his son). As you can imagine, we're not the best of friends, though she used to be good friends with my neighbor, Vicki! So - no in-law parties for me! lol!

LYN, I agree, no Big Blue Waters for me! It freaks me out. It's all I can do to go on the Inside Passage cruise. I have no idea if I get seasick. I'm not expecting to. But I have a DD that gets sick even riding in the car. thanks for the tips! Tell us more about the quilt you are making for your dad.

Our Seahawks lost yesterday. They didn't play well and Rams did. Sigh. I spent most of yesterday in my sewing room. Today is early blood draw at my doctor's office, then home for an hour and then off to the chiropractor. Not sure what I'll do this afternoon. I might bake Mary Q's mom's cranberry bread. Or I might go through some things in the office that I've been meaning to sort out. Or I might finish up my FGV blocks. Only 7 to go, though I will pull 3 more from FGV II so I can make a 6x8 setting. So I guess I have 10 blocks to make.

In just 12 days we'll start seeing more sunlight!! Whoo Hoo!!

mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:30 am

Morning
Christmas boxes out of barn. They didn't make it that far last year. Tree up, will decorate it tonight. May even get lights outside house!

Time to start my day.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:55 am

Good morning!

We got a bit of snow over night. Snow comes, melts off and then back again here. The only places it seems to pile and stay, is up in the mountains at the ski resorts. Like our license plates read, Greatest snow on earth!

Not much for me today. A friend is coming over so I can teach her how to bind a quilt. She started one many years ago and her daughter claimed it. But until recently my friend had never finished quilting it or binding it. She did that on my LA, now to bind. It will be a surprise gift for the daughter under the tree. After that I am sewing.

The noodles last night disappeared in a hurry! Even my nephew across the street joined us. My Sandee couldn't because of food allergies. Such a tradition of noodles in this family!

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 am

Good Morning Girls

Here comes the snow! A fresh layer on the driveway this morning.. No place I have to go today so it's all good.

Judi... LOVE all the pictures of your decorations! Just think.. in 2 short years Nolan will be DRIVING!! AARGGHH... I had a weird dream last night that I was using your sewing machine and got it all tangled up with green thread! :lol:

Diane.... I had to look up what Dystonia is.. oh my goodness. Poor Laura... no wonder she is in so much pain all the time. Sounds like you wil have a house full, but what fun to have everybody there for Christmas!

Becca.... Sounds like you will be spending the day in the car! I hate those kind of days, but it is good to get every thing done and over with.

Maryz... Thanks for the okee-dokee to use the craisins I have! Now I just have to make sure my shortening isn't past it's due date! I had this idea that I would sprinkle little tiny Legos around the house, that way when the Gremlins come in, I'll hear them screaming in pain and be able to get up and chase them out. I've been on 2 cruises in my life... One with DEX and one with Jen... the one with Jen was way more fun. When you take a young gorgeous DD with you.. lots of guys would buy us drinks! :lol: Yes I am blessed to have such great In-law families.. Sara's parents invite me to their home a lot for holidays.

Flo... That's progress... getting the boxes in from the barn.. How is Joe doing? Is he going to see Dr. today?

Jana... Do you sew your binding by hand? I'm not normally a fan of hand sewing---especially buttons, but I do love sewing binding by hand. How fun to have the opportunity to teach someone how to do something.

Yesterday I finished my Flakey Friends (Fatcat design) quilt, binding and all. So today will definitely be clean up day! I'll start at the top (upstairs) and work my way down. Before I start/work on any other project I need to clean up messes. Since it's kind of gloomy I have the Christmas tree light on for a bit of sparkle. Christmas music is playing on my Pandora so I can sing along (and nobody can hear me :lol: )

Time for more coffee, but first I'll go over to Photos and share my Flakey Friends. I was going to gift it, but as I was quilting I found a few too many boo-boos, so I guess I'll keep it.. may be throw it on my bed for extra warmth!

Wishing you all marvelous Monday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:40 am

Good Foggy Foggy Day......

Can't believe how thick the fog is out there & there's rain. Wash away the snow.
I called the town to come sand the side street next to me. I've not been out side since the snow. I'm going out & I want to be able to get up the hill to get home.

I put out my Christmas quilt so my decorating is done. Also took out a few Christmas dishes. I need to do my DGC's Amazon shopping today. My DD2 has lists for me to pick from....so easy. I think I do not have to go in to any store to shop.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:27 am

Good morning!
Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was truly a great day!
Chriss, Jazmyne made me a birthday cake all by herself with Maria supervising, it was soooooooo yummy! She made a devil's food cake then made the icing off of the Hershey's can and even sprinkled chocolate sprinkles all over, it was soooooooo yummy! I even thought if you while I ate my piece ❤ I'll have a piece today for you 😉
Maryq, I bet your flakey friends is perfectly fine, it's gorgeous!
Decorating inside is finished and I posted pics. I've put batteries in all but 1 snowman, I can't seem to get him to work and I forgot to have Kevin check it out yesterday when he was here. The kids love making them play and sing ❤❤
We're having a gloomy cool rainy day here. I'm considering not going out to feed the chickens LOL they peck goodies off the ground all day if they're out, they don't usually come out on days like this either. I think Frankie can feed when he gets home.
I'm trying to work on aprons and some Christmas gifts from now till Christmas.
You all have a great day!!
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”