Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday September 18,2019

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Wednesday September 18,2019

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:33 am

BECCA-- sending prayers for Brodee as fast as possible.

Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:50 am

Becca prayers for Brodee and the family. I can't imagine walking in your shoes right now. Know that God is beside you.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 am

Becca, praying so hard for Broder πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 am

Becca send prayers to your family.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:03 am

Good morning!
Praying for FIL and Chriss your brother.
Cindy, we have a Shitzu that is almost 12, we think she had a stroke or something last weekend because she was ok the day before and then Saturday was walking really really slow and bumped into things and acted like she was deaf, she's improved a little but we know the time is getting close, we're hoping she just goes to sleep, especially Frankie because he's the one that would have to take her. I've taken every one of ours and the last one I took did me in and I can't do that anymore. He said he will but only when it is for sure for sure for sure.
Our temps have been doing in low 60's at night, love it! We sleep with windows open for about 8 months out of the year, it affects me when I have to close all of them from the cold, that part I don't look forward to LOL
Happy birthday to your son and happy anniversary Izzy!
I'm trying to write a grocery list, not having much luck.....I know where our of a lot but having a hard time remembering what we need now!
You all have a great day!
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:37 am

Good Morning Girls

Here I am, late to the party again... I bet if I could get to sleep before midnight I would be able to wake up earlier! The brain just does not want to shut down when I close my eyes!

First of all... Becca..... Brodee will most definitely be in my prayers ALL day.... May God watch over him and the Doctors and nurses that care for him! Special prayers for comfort for Levi and Taylor!

Lois.... And of course, prayers for your son's FIL!! God is going to be busy today...taking care of all our prayer requests... but I know HE can handle it!

Izzy.... Happy Anniversary! You are a Young'un! Glad you are having fun with your new students!

Judi.... Have you seen the group on Facebook that does a lot of Lori Holt's "farm girl" designs? Gosh they are so pretty, but I don't know if I'd ever have the patience to do one like that!

Chriss… Glad to know you have your notebook already! I was afraid I'd have to mail you one :lol: I think the Tree Skirt just came out way to big.... I decided to go for it and bought the Fatcat pattern for the snow men tree skirt.. so I started playing with that last nite. And of course I will add your brother to today's prayers!

Maryz…. Hope all goes smoothly for Ernie's move today.. I'm taking it he had no kids of his own?

Jana.... The trip to Disneyland is a surprise!? Oh how fun!

Sherry... Sounds like you are having the same kind of weather as we are here. Cooled down in the night when a thunderstorm rolled by... but getting hot again this afternoon. Never thought I'd have my AC this late in Sept! How fun to be able to watch your DGS play football! I bet he is having a good time too!

Cindy... .Seriously? You have to send a report to the BANK of every check you write??? That's crazy!!! Hopefully it's something you can just print out from your accounting program. Does the bank need to know ahead of time what checks you've written???

Tina.... When I have to make a grocery list.... I just open all the cupboards and see what I am missing... However... last night as I'm laying awake... one of the things was going through my head is what I need on my next trip to grocery store. I should keep a notebook by my bed!

Well since it's now 10:30... I think I'll go get to doing something! Got my Christmas quilt pinned yesterday, so might go wrestle with that. But first MORE COFFEE!

Have a great day every one!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 am

Prayers for all your relatives in need, especially little Brodee.

I took the opportunity to sleep in a little today. I'm half way through my turn with the parents. Which also means we're about halfway through before leaving for Texas, that will be about Oct 8th.

I want all of you to know that coming here and reading what everyone has going on helps take my mind off my here and now stuff. Thank you!
Lyn

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:39 am

Becca I stopped and prayed as soon as I read your post. You and your family as well as the twins are in my prayers.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:52 am

Prayers for Brodee and family
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Good afternoon, I am late to the party today too. Issues with the caregiver this AM. This time not her fault. She woke up ill and then I guess because she was dehydrated or something she ended up falling down stairs. She tried to call the agency and they told her to go to work there was nobody to replace her. So when she showed up, I was like what? I sent her home and sent a text message to the boss and let them know it was their responsibility to replace her and why would they send her in that condition to care for Dad. Well, somebody did show up at 10:30. So here I am, another boring day at work. This week has been so quiet. Should have just used a sick day and stayed home.

Prayers for everyone in need. FIL, Chriss you brother, and again the twins.

Dad is 92 today! We are going to dinner. I have alerted the restaurant that he is old and has some dementia but I think this is the last time we will be able to do this so hoping for the best. My sister texted me this AM, her husband is also having a myriad of health problems so not sure where that is going. If report is accurate, her retirement plans are probably down the drain. Hope she hasn't sold her house yet. They were going to travel in the RV but sounds like that may not be possible.

It is cool out today (low 70's) but will be heating up by the weekend.

Chriss that is enough with the numbers! Where did this year go? Kale candy canes? NOT!

A bit of sewing done on my SS gift. 16 1/2 square triangles, now to trim them to 1 1/2 inches. This will be a bit of a puzzle as I am not using the colors and planned and the pattern is written for specific colors in specific places. Hope this works. I am not good at following directions.

Only drama today is big corporate boss says we are over budget for supplies and we need to get back in budget. Ok, so what is the budget I ask? Well, we here in the office are not privy to that information. Yea, well okay, how will I know if we are now in budget? No answer.

Anyway, guess I should get back to work.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to β€œSew ins”