Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sometimes pictures aren't there?! :(

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
calicopuzzle

Sometimes pictures aren't there?! :(

Post by calicopuzzle » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:54 am

There are several quilts on the thread that I can't see. All that appears is a small box with a little red X in it. Can anyone explain why? Others are beautiful and have great pictures.

LynnS

Re: Sometimes pictures aren't there?! :(

Post by LynnS » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:38 am

I realized when I tried to post my pictures that when I went to photobucket and copied the code for the picture, it already started with img and ended with another /img. When I pasted it into the "Insert image code" here on this site, the site also added
img and /img to it. If your code ends up looking like img img (then photo url) /img /img (two on each side), you need to erase one from the start and one from the end. Then your picture will show up.

There isn't much you can do to fix the code on someone else's message if it isn't right.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:06 am

I didn't know that. I'll have to give it a try. Thank you for the information.

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:24 pm

I learned that is you remove a picture in photobucket after showing here, it will also remove from this site as well.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:30 am

that sounds about right - we are actually inserting a link to the picture, not the picture itself. It's like any other web page, when something is moved, the link needs to be changed... good thing to remember when moving pictures on photobucket (and the reason I haven't put all my pictures into "albums" - the links here won't work any more!)

Return to “Quilting Photos”