Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabric Postcard

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
LynnS

Re: Fabric Postcard

Post by LynnS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:06 pm

That's pretty cool. I like the cloack, too. Did you do all of the fireworks and the words yourself? Or was that already on the fabric? I've never seen a fabric postcard before. It's a neat idea!

When you have a bunch of different ones, what do you do with them? Make them into a quilt, or frame them, or can you actually mail them??

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:40 am

I used my machine to embroider the lettering and the fabric is a black background with the silver metallic print on it. You use peltex which is a very stiff interfacing that makes them quite firm. I guess you could make them into a quilt if you left off the peltex.

I am participating in a fabric postgard swap and you can actually mail these if you like. We will be sending or group of cards to the host of the swap in an envelope and then she will sort them and send everyone different ones back. I guess I will frame mine when I get them back. I can use them to decorate my office space/sewing room.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:34 am

Oh I love it - I am so invigorated over the swap and can't wait to see them all I hope that a group photo will be possible before they are redisbursed - excited about your postcard and the swap

Return to “Quilting Photos”