Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I''ll be brave & share, too

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
qltsbme

Re: I''ll be brave & share, too

Post by qltsbme » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:23 pm

so, where's the picture with the mess?

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Great room! You seem to be very busy creating. I also love the rolling plastic drawers & containers. Thanks for sharing!

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:08 pm

Mequilter,
I love your room, I can see that it is very functional and you have lots of "stuff", a quilter's dream! lol

I do have one suggestion for you. If you get some PVC pipe from your local home improvement store, you can cut them to whatever size works for you and put the pipes on the legs of your cutting table to raise it up. It saves backaches.

Who are all the "pin up" guys on the bulletin board? Oh you crazy girl you! lol

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:47 am

Great room...looks like you are really in there working. When I'm in the middle of a project it becomes a whole other room. Then when I'm done I'm too pooped to clean up. Today is my quilt room cleaning day. I am going to drag everything out and give it a good one. Bet I will find lots of things I thought were lost.

Wonderful suggestion about the PVC pipe Linda. If my cutting table is too low, it just kills my back. Bending over just that extra little bit is worse for me than bending way over.

What did we do before plastic drawers and containers???

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:05 am

Linda..........ok, I'll let you in on my secret. The "pin-up guys" on my bulletin board are Jim Brickman and Tim McGraw. Tim did a video shoot closeby at one of our friends cottages and she gave me a CD filled with pictures from the video. Sure wish I would've been there in person. Jim Brickman is the first concert that my DH & I went to while we were dating and since then, we've seen him two more times. I love his music. My favorite picture is that of my daughter when she was 1 year old - it's on the right hand side of the sewing machine pic.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:47 am

Me - how do you like your Simplicity machine??? It's the same one I have!!! I like it, except for some reason the digital readout of what stitch I'm on doesn't change, it's stuck on stitch #24.... I just have to know I'm on #1, and count, and do a test... and count again.... and do a test.... LOL!!! Can't wait until the Bernina's come to my LQS - and then I'll just use my Simplicity for straight line sewing!

Love the room, btw, I don't see any mess!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:21 am

Cindy........I like my machine. My dream is to get a Bernina, so I have a piggy bank that's being used to save up for one. There's a LQS that sells them, so occasionally I drool over them when I get some material.

Return to “Quilting Photos”