Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Finished my Egg Money Quilt

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
knitnoid

Finished my Egg Money Quilt

Post by knitnoid » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:35 pm

I just found this fourm. One of our local quilt shops did a BOM using the Egg Money Quilt book. It started back in Aug 2005 and the last block was presented in July 2006. I quilted each block as we went along, plus added 4 blocks drawing inspiration from the quilt pictured on page 7 of the book. I had all the blocks put together by August 2006 and then got stuck on the border. I finally pulled it out again this past May and made the decision to go with the scalloped border. It was easier than I thought it would be. The quilt finished out about 99" square.

Thanks for letting me share.

Pam in KC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/knitnoid/5 ... 583971907/

Cathy32078

Re: Finished my Egg Money Quilt

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Hello & Welcome Pam. Happy to have you with us. Gosh! Your quilt is just GORGEOUS! Really striking. Some of us have decided to do this quilt as a BOM type. Any hints, tips, or pointers you can think of for us? If mine turns out half as great as yours, I will be pleased. Again, Welcome and looking forward to getting to know you. KC is a nice area.

Cathy

busyhands125

Post by busyhands125 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Like your Egg Money Quilt, also I like the way you made your autograph quilt, very different, Missouri blocks looks good too.
busyhands125/pat

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:07 am

knitnoid, just went to see your quilt and it is gorgeous! You did a nice job with it. I'm in the Egg Money BOM (posted under Swaps & BOMS) and we would appreciate you popping in to give us tips and hints as we go along! I see that this was your first post and would like to welcome you! Hope to hear more from you and if you see any swaps or block exchanges or BOM's that interest you, would love to have you join! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pic! Pam in Georgia

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:16 am

knitnoid welcome to the forum hope you will come back often. went to see you quilt it is beautiful

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:17 am

beautiful quilts, welcome.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:20 am

Knit

OH MY Gosh... so beautiful!!!

maryq

by the way WELCOME TO THE BEST QUILTING SITE IN THE WORLD!

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:44 am

WOW knitnoid....what a gorgeous quilt. I love your colors and the workmanship is fantastic. Had to take a peek at your other quilts too. I have to say, I have never seen a signature quilt quite like that one. What a great idea. The first time I looked at it, I thought it was on a chair. But at second glance I see they are strips. I love things that are different. Thanks so much for sharing, and a warm welcome to the site.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:28 am

What great quilts. You definitely have an eye for color. You quilts are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Lori 8-)

Evie

Post by Evie » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:31 am

Welcome Pam, you're not that far away from me. About 3 hours north!

Your quilts are beautiful! I got lost there for a while, didn't make it through all of them, but the ones I did see are very beautiful.

I like how you did your Egg Money quilt. Please come on over to the Egg Money BOM and explain how you quilted each block separately. What method you used, i.e., Marti Michel's piecing by sections or another method. A lot of us want to make the really large quilts, but we don't have the machines with the larger throat space. Knowing how to break it into manageable pieces would be great.

Again, welcome and post often.

Return to “Quilting Photos”