Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thanks, Everyone!

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
Rose92

Re: Thanks, Everyone!

Post by Rose92 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:40 pm

The picture on the Blue Willow is of a lake with a Mandaran's house on the left side, a small island with a weeping willow tree in the middle, a bridge from the mainland to the island with 3 little Chinese men on it, and two doves hovering over the island.

The Blue Willow Story

The Mandaran (Warlord) who lived in the big house was always warring with his neighboring Warlord over their lands. So he decided to make peace by bethrothing his beautiful young daughter to the Warlord, who was an old man. But the beautiful daughter was in love with the young, handsome gardner and refused to marry the Warlord. Her father locked her up in her room and told her she was going to marry the Warlord in 1 week. The night before the wedding the young, handsome gardner brought a ladder to the young lady's window and together they escaped over the bridge to the island. Her father was so angry when he found out what she had done, that he sent 3 henchmen over the bridge to murder the lovers. But the Gods smiled on true love and turned the lovers into doves that are forever together. And that is why the willow weeps, for the loss of the couple.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:19 pm

Well, I am REAL fluffy. But I know how I got this way and I know what to do get rid of it. For some reason I'm just not interested -and that is the thing I don't like much about myself. If I ever made up my mind to lose the weight, it would be easy. I can have strong will power if I decide to. Does that make any sense? I will post my picture as soon as we take one. I may start a thread of pet pictures, too.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:20 am

I have never heard that story before it is fabulous - my grandmother had blue willow and was a great one for telling stories - I would have readily cleaned my plate for that one

Return to “Quilting Photos”