Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

My first quilt--finished

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
cindyg

Re: My first quilt--finished

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:12 am

qltsbme - beautiful job on your first quilt. You are another good color picker outer. El's method is SO much easier than cutting individual squares w/scissors, isn't it?

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:13 am

what a great job I would not have quessed it was your first quilt

gooseegg

Post by gooseegg » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:16 am

What do you mean, your first quilt???!!! Aren't 1st ones suppose to be flawed somewhere/ It is gorgeous...wish my first one look like that!

Bess

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:25 am

Now when I look at the picture of my quilt again, that was before I put the binding on!! I only sewed the squares together, the real talent was the gal who did the LA quilting for me! My quilty friend MADE me hand sew the binding on, and I admit it looks better that way, but I am NOT a hand sewer! I won't even sew a button on anything if I can't do it by machine! And believe me, there are quite a few mismatched corners, but you know, I think that little boo-boos here and there give a quilt personality!

All my projects have quite a bit of personality!!!!

mq

qltsbme

Post by qltsbme » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 am

Mary, I love that your friend made you hand sew the binding. I have a friend in South Carolina that I have been known to "make" sew hers on by hand. It is just a nicer finish. After all the work, time and money you put in a quilt, you want to finish it the best way possible. You have a good friend - tough love, that's the way to go.

teehee
Nancy

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:49 am

which book do i find the around the world information you all are talking about being so good and easy i am wanting to do one and want the easiest instructions is 4 inch squares about the best size to do it and how many squares does it take for a full size quilt if you do 4 in. squares ollie1shoe

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Ollie Eleanor has a book out called Trip Around the World. It uses 4 inch wide strips & is very easy to do. Did you see the front of Nancy's (qltsbme) quilt below Maryq's? It shows a front view. My Granny made several just by using squares that she had cut all the same size. She pieced them by hand at that. Eleanors book is much faster and easier. Hope this helps.

Return to “Quilting Photos”