Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wedding Quilt

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
maryq

Wedding Quilt

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:03 am

Okay Girls

Here's the wedding quilt top. I'm probably going to put a maybe 3-4" border around it, to make it easier for Viv to quilt.

I didn't have a pattern for this, and probably should have had some better directions. I just did 21 blocks and set them on point and then with help from my friends, figured out the setting triangles for sides and corners, BUT as you can see two of the corners are bigger than the other two. I'm guessing that's because I didn't make the correct number of blocks in the first place (I was too cheap to actually buy the pattern!)

Theoretically I could take it all apart, but the pattern, make a couple more blocks or put it together with less blocks and see what happens. BUT, man I really don't want to spend hours with Jack doing all of that!

Does it look bad? I'd never enter in a quilt show, but I don't think my niece would even notice.

gershwin64

Re: Wedding Quilt

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:41 am

Mary I personally think it's beautiful! If you hadn't asked about the corners being different sizes then I never would have guessed. They don't look "off" to me, everything is lined up, I don't see any problems with how it is. Great job!
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:20 am

Mary, I love this. The colors are fabulous.
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:48 pm

That is beautiful
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:49 pm

MaryQ, First off, I love this quilt, it's gorgeous 😍.

I see that the top right corner is bigger and I'm guessing the bottom left may be bigger, but cannot tell because bottom corners are cut off photo. My suggestion would be to redo the two big corners. Put them under your embroidery needle and on one put wedding date and on the other their names or a phrase or something. That will fill the bigger corners and look like they were done on purpose.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 am

Mary it turned out really nice I love the colors.
You do good work.

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:35 am

Mary, your quilt is beautiful. I love the pattern, the colors, the placement of the colors. I see what you are talking about and I know what went wrong. When blocks are set on point, the rows run diagonally. And they all have odd number of blocks in them to maintain the setting. You have some with odd numbers but some with even numbers which threw off your setting and your corners. I see three options: Frog the "off" corners and add more blocks, use Lyn's suggestion and use the larger corners to add date/names, etc., or leave it as is. Leave it out for a while where you can see it and let your mind work on it before you make a decision on what to do. Whatever you decide, it's a gorgeous quilt and they will love it!

TOM

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:06 am

Love the illusion of that pattern! The colors too. Yes, let it cook in your brain on what to do. Maryz and Lyn have good suggestions. Me, I would have to fix it. It wouldn't take you long and you'll be much happier.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:56 am

Wow, that's amazing
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Quilting Photos”