Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sewing Shack

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
WeeOne

Sewing Shack

Post by WeeOne » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 pm

Busy days, sorry it's taken me so long to post these pictures. I started this at noon, lol, and now it's 6:45 p.m. The handyman came over to fix something and look at cabin. He will help finish it. Just as he was leaving a young man from the factory showed up early, which was OK. The front posts on porch were not up to my standard. He came and replaced them. Nice young man, brought his wife and 2 little boys. They were going on to Fredericksburg to visit family after another job in the area. His wife even touched up the paint. I'm very glad I bought from this company!!

Valerie, for a price I could have had the factory put electric in, but since I'm a 'have to see and touch' kind of person my electrician is doing it here. This morning I realized that I need one outlet lower for a little refrigerator. I will put it behind the door under the window.

Here's the pictures of arrival, unload and setup. The little machine he moved cabin around with is called a donkey. It's quite amazing. When he pulled the cabin onto the Granite gravel pad, I thought there would be big skid marks from the other end. There was very little marks in the grass and no drag marks in gravel.

It will get finished inside come fall, when we are back here.

Last picture shows the Porch is Minnie approved. :lol:
Lyn

Size is 12' x 28', 4 ft Porch, so inside is 12' x 24'.

Last edited by WeeOne on Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Re: Sewing Shack

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

Lyn, that is going to be a great sewing space. Glad Minnie approved.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:37 pm

Lyn-

That wil lbe a absolute dream sewing quilting space! I too, like Minnie, love that front porch. A suggestion- put in what's called smurf tube -they run in the walls and are empty - a future place to add wiring, cables, etc. They come in handy for expansion . You may think you have planned enough, but many times you learn a new one is needed. Smurf tube is just a blue ribbed plastic pipe, flexible. It is put in the stud bays. One important thing -measure and and keep track where they are.

Again gorgeous!

Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:53 pm

I see many happy hours spent in here!! I love it!
What size is it again, I forgot.
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:44 am

LYN, this is just plain AWESOME!! This time next year it's going to be so much fun to be you!! What's next to bring down from the Estes house? Thanks for the photos! It really gives us a picture of what you've been putting so much time and thought and effort into. As I sit and type this post from the couch at the end of my living/dining room it occurs to me that I believe it is the exact size of your cabin. This gives me perspective of how it's going to look for you. The company sounds like a good one! I'm glad you bought from them, too! Jana's idea of a running a tube for possible electrical additions is a good one. Maybe one of these years I'll get to see it all in person! Congratulations!

mz

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:04 am

Lynn your sewing shack is beautiful it's good to be you congratulation and best of luck enjoy.

Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:23 am

Impressive!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:41 pm

I just am in awe of this new sewing room for you. I am so excited to see your progress.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Quilting Photos”