Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Velda's projects for Church

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
QuiltGram8

Velda's projects for Church

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:45 am

Here is a peek at those projects I have been talking about: School bags (draw string bag/backpack) for Lutheran World Relief and Adult Bibs donated to our local nursing homes here in our own town.
We also make lap quilts for nursing homes and members who are home bound.
These are fun projects. Old jeans have to be pieced to achieve 38" x 15. Then we stitch down 1/4" all around. After that, the bag is stitched and rope threaded to make the draw string bag/ backpack 🎒

We get lots of donations of fabric, thread, etc.
We try not to waste any of it. As you can see, we piece together when we need to. 🪡🧵

Thanks for peeking in. I love it when you all share pictures of your projects.
I am sewing bags today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Re: Velda's projects for Church

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:55 am

VELDA - what sweet, generous projects you are working on! Do you fill the bags with anything?

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:09 am

Wow, Velda what thoughtful gifts. I love the piecing together, not boring that way.

I have a friend who does large print and braille bibles for the Lutheran church.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:36 pm

Yes, Mary, the congregation donates school supplies in the early fall and by mid October, we fill the backpacks. Also we put together personal care bundles( a bath towel, soap, comb, toothbrush and nail clippers. We wrap into the bath towel and tie it with a pretty ribbon or colorful yarns. So quilts, back packs and personal care packs. All this collected at the end of October, then everything gets put with other local churches and shipped over to other countries where missionaries are working an the needs are great.
I like that we also do lots of work and charity right here at home, too .
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:23 am

what great ideas for a church project. I'm sure they will be appreciated
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:29 am

Velda, you and your group are so sweet and kind hearted, this world needs more of you ❤ I think the piecing adds that extra cheer factor for the recipients. ❤❤
Tina

Return to “Quilting Photos”