Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Finished Lotto Quilt

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
maryq

Finished Lotto Quilt

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:07 am

Edited to add: I found a perfect piece of batik in my stash, with leaves on it no less! Just enough for binding strips... so it's now a totally finished quilt! YEAH ME!

Had a little trouble with Postimages... but finally got it figured out so I could show you my finished (well, except for the binding) Lotto Quilt.. This is so NOT like me to finish a quilt this quickly!

First one is a close up of my feeble attempt to free motion leaves... It was a bit of an experiment, but while certainly not "state fair worthy" I'm ok with it.

Am looking through my stash for find some of the off-white-ish batik to make binding strips, but am not finding anything, so it may mean a trip to you know where!
Last edited by maryq on Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

WeSignificant

Re: Finished Lotto Quilt

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:26 am

Wow Mary that's putting the pedal to the medal. That is really pretty. I think you did good on leaves.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

DouceFleur

Post by DouceFleur » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:16 am

MaryMargaret, your quilt is so beautiful. Love your free motion leaves. You did great jobs!

Denise

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:10 am

MQ, I love your quilt! But I have to say the highlight is your Quilting. What a lot of work that was, and you did it!! It looks amazing. Congratulations to you! Not to put a damper on your proposed trip to shop for binding but other colors would work too, green, brown, purple, yellow…. and might save you a trip to Joanns. No who would want that?! Lol! They would all look fabulous with all those beautiful colors in the leaves.

How big did the Quilt end up being?

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:16 am

what a gorgeous quilt. I love your leaves and the way you laid out the blocks. You will smile every time you use it.
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:20 am

It's wonderful Mary. Your leaf quilting is beautiful. It came together really nice.
Lori 8-)

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:47 am

Mary your quilt is wonderful you get an A++++++++++±+++++++++++.
On your quilting BEAUTIFUL.

Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:43 am

Turned out lovely!!
I think you did a great job on the quilted leaves. I had some blocks started but ran out of time. This makes me want to finish them and make more.
Lyn

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 am

Beautiful quilt & your quilted leaves are wonderful Nice work Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:52 am

I hope I can get to leaves like you on the Janome Versa that I bought a month ago. What a beautiful job!! Did you follow any one on you tube?? I have 2 books from Missouri star and with fingers crossed that they will help.

Again-beautiful work
Diane

Return to “Quilting Photos”