Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabulous 40 halfway

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
Becca

Re: Fabulous 40 halfway

Post by Becca » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:06 am

Valerie That is beautiful Love your colors you choose Nice work. Becca

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:33 am

This quilt has been a challenge in all ways. I started out wanting it to be mainly blue. Not sure how I got to here. I am not the best at color coordination and have gotten a lot of help from the instructor. I had pulled a bunch of batiks that I had accumulated thinking that would work. It didn't. So I have purchased as I went along. I am so glad I did it with the instructor, not sure how it would have looked doing it on my own. I think we have about 4 classes left and then the top will be done. It will have been 9 months in the making but I think worth it. She is an excellent quilter, also a long armer. She does beautiful custom quilting. I am going to ask her what she would charge. I have never had anything custom quilted, I am thinking along the lines of $500 or more.

I advise anyone who wants to do this quilt to try and use fabrics all from the same fabric line. Then they are already coordinated for you.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:10 pm

OMG colors are so beautiful.

Return to “Quilting Photos”