Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Batt Cave Consruction - update

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
auntjana

Re: Batt Cave Consruction - update

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Vel- there is a lift for my sewing island that still needs to installed and be cut in the island. We can't cut the hole until my good machine is home from the shop., at the end of February. It will lower my machine to be flush to the top of the island . I can lower it even farther to be totally out of sight, with a cover plate in the island.

Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Here are the two pictures that show where my machine sits. The big opening will have a elevator lift to raise and lower my machine from the top of the island counter top. A hole will be cut in the island top to fit my machine. there will be a cover as well, so when the machine is down and out of sight, the hole in the top will be covered, to be a flat useful surface. So I can hide it away or place it at the level to sew at. The empty space in the back bottom, will be covered with countertop material. It is a access hatch for maintaining the electrical connections underneath.

The other picture is the rolling cart that is being turning into my moveable ironing station. We just need to cover the top with ironing board fabric to keep the heat and steam out and then a pretty fabric to iron on. It is 25 inches wide and about 20 inches deep. The cart rolls in and out of it cubby, that it is sitting halfway in the picture.

Thanks for looking - again
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh Jana I've been checking regularly for more pics, awesome! I love it! It's gonna be the cats meow when it's all finished!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Just beautiful. Don't you just love wheels? What turn place to play
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Love all your storage area.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:07 am

Great to have lots of storage. I'm glad you will have the machine flush with top. Makes sewing life easier.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 am

Wow I think I need a trip to Utah and sewing day with my friends 🥰🧵🧵
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:16 pm

Jana, I keep coming back over and over again, taking the tour. Your playroom is amazing! How wonderful to have a place for everything. And I’m sure everything will always be in its place, right? 😉. Thanks for sharing your happy place with us

Return to “Quilting Photos”