Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Christmas Swap Quilt for Dad

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
WeeOne

Christmas Swap Quilt for Dad

Post by WeeOne » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:39 am

When I got back in September, Tina sent me my Christmas swap blocks. I showed them to my parents and Dad kept asking what I was going to do with them. When I said, make a quilt, he kept asking who was going to get the quilt. He really liked all the blocks. I needed to get it done quickly so I sewed and turned front and back. Back is flannel, no batting. I used interfacing on blocks and turned to have finished edges. Laid them out and pinned until I got ready to blanket stitch, then I ironed a block and stitched down. It saved me a lot of time not needing to figure out sashing or fillers.
Lyn

zfatcat

Re: Christmas Swap Quilt for Dad

Post by zfatcat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:44 am

Lyn, what a beautiful quilt. I love how you put it together.
Lori 8-)

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 am

Lyn, What an AWESOME quilt! The layout is truly inspiring. What a spectacular way to display all the asst sizes of blocks. Think you have designed a new way to quilt, faster, neater, easier, than all those borders etc on them.

Such a pretty quilt. When I first looked at the pic, I thought it was blocks lying on a very plush carpet or a fuzzy knitted scarf. When I realized it was the quilt, I LOVED it. Great choice of background fabric. The back is perfect too, cardinals for a winter quilt. Know your Dad will be very happy to receive the quilt he kept hinting about. Did he know you were making it for him?

May God bless your Dad and you too, you have both been thru a lot this yr. This quilt is a special bond when you can't be together. Nothing is nicer than to hug a quilt with memories of a loved one. Hope you and all your family have a very Merry, Happy, and Blessed Christmas and New Years ahead.

Hugs across the miles, Shirley Mae

purrfect-lady

Re: Christmas Swap Quilt for Dad POST A REPLY Subject:

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:48 am

LYN, what a unique and fun way to put all the different sized blocks together quickly! Ingenius! I know your dad is going to love it!

mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 am

What a great idea and it turned out beautiful.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:28 pm

well aren't you clever. brilliant way to put it together. I bet your dad is going to be overjoyed when he sees it. Add a hug from me when you had it to him.
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:42 pm

You are so clever! It is a great quilt and will be dearly loved by your Dad.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Clever YES INDEED!!!! This is so creative and I am so sure your Dad will feel all the LOVE in each and every stitch!! WOW - 101 Christmas's. You are ALL truly blessed. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:56 am

Lyn, your Christmas swap quilt is so beautiful. I love how you put it together, such a nice idea! I know that your Dad will love it! You did great jobs!

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:51 am

Lyn So unique & creative Really love how you placed them Know Dad will be happy & enjoy the warmth & love you gave Merry Christmas Becca

Return to “Quilting Photos”