Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Mini Pink Lemonade and Patches

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
maryq

Mini Pink Lemonade and Patches

Post by maryq » Sun May 05, 2024 6:45 am

HI Girls

Just thought you might like to see my Mini Pink Lemonade. This is what happened. SO I had to go to the fabric warehouse to get more fabric for patches, and there was this kit of these fabrics (with some other coordinating prints) and it was on sale for 1/2 off. I mean, why not right? These are SO not the colors I normally gravitate to. I rarely work with greens and golds, but something struck we with the black. So while I was practically chained to the embroidery machine I did a "quilt in a day"--tho it actually took 2 days. The black floral just seemed perfect for the center fussy cut blocks. And as luck would have it I found the perfect piece of some wide backing that Katie gave me, out in the garage. It's small enough that I think I can quilt myself and will try to get that done this coming week.

And here are the patches.. Got all 64 done at 10:00pm last night and someone came by and picked them up from my door this morning. Since the trap team is a non-profit they will reimburse me for materials and I will donate my time. NEXT time, I hope they give me more notice!!!

zfatcat

Re: Mini Pink Lemonade and Patches

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 05, 2024 9:18 am

Nice quilt Mary. Glad you had something to keep you busy why the embroidery machine was going. I bet they were thrilled to have the patches done for cost.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 am

Both are great Mary!!
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 05, 2024 11:07 am

So glad those patches are stitched and gone! I know how much work they are! Just in case you're interested, there's a computer software program that you can load on your computer and digitize anything for your embroidery module. I have it, it was a gift from Michael, 2 or 3 Christmases ago - it's still in the unopened box. Sarah is taking it to her house and loading it on her computer to learn how to use it. The kids all thought that I could, they easily forget the love hate relationship I have with computers!

Love the quilt! The colors together work!

Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 06, 2024 1:44 am

Mary Q your quilt is really nice and those patches came out nice and probably alot of work you are so sweet to donate your time .

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 06, 2024 3:42 am

Mary, your quilt is sweet! Pink Lemonade is a great pattern and you did Eleanor proud! And what a generous gesture on your part to do all those patches!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:27 pm

Mary, you're lemonade quilt is so pretty, love it!
Wow, those patches turned out great!
Tina

Return to “Quilting Photos”