Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Main Street Bench Pillow

The perfect place to share photos of your quilts, family, friends and unfinished projects.
auntjana

Main Street Bench Pillow

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Here are the pictures
Imagehttps://i.postimg.cc/bJwHZsfD/20220704-140242-1.jpg[/img]

So here is the pillow - the ends didn't quite show up, by the curve of the pillow, but they are a tree with a bike and the other end is a windmill. Now for the rest of the story! The first picture is the one without the lights, the other pictures have the lights, which are hard to see in the pictures.

I put the original picture of the pillow in, without the lights as I thought I would say, its finished. No, I relented and put in the lights. The other pictures have the lights installed.
They only work because I have a electrical engineer for a sweetheart! You see, as I was putting the pillow form in the cover, I broke one of the wires that connect the LED lights. Each light take two wires to make the circuit to light the LEDS, so by breaking one wire in half, half the lights didn't work. So Michael patiently stripped the insulation on the broken wire and reconnected them together to make the circuit complete. Did I tell you the size of this wire, try the thickness of a human hair - I am not kidding! So when I say patient,I meant patient! This pillow form will say in this cover and I will buy another to swap out. The wires are just to delicate to take any stress.

All in all , it was fun to learn something new that my sewing machine can do. There will be more learning curves as I play with all my machine can do. Now on to find the button that will do the dishes or the laundry for me - it must be there somewhere! LOL!

Thanks for looking
Jana

Quilter7

Re: Main Street Bench Pillow

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Jana -

You did an amazing job on the bench pillow! I really like the little details in the pattern. It looks wonderful on your bench.

Carol

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:57 pm

That is adorable the fairy lights are so cute

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:23 pm

Well that is way cute.
John 16:33

MuseAndSew

Post by MuseAndSew » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:14 pm

Fantastic job! I love ❤️ the lights! You’re so lucky you have a handyman to help with the lights. I love all of the fun embroidery designs with the trees & houses. Very festive on your bench!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:06 pm

WOW!!
More awesome than before.
I have to stop at the Quilt shop in Loveland, just got an email saying they are carrying this designer!.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:44 am

Jana that pillow is beautiful alot of detail you did a fabulous Job something that I don't think I would have the patience to do.

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:14 am

JANA - this pillow cover is 100% adorable! I love all the details! Bill especially likes the red pick-up. I like it all, but what a sweet embellishment the tire swing is! Congratulations! I'm excited to see what comes out of the Batt Cave next!

mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:23 am

Jana... So cute!

My Birthday is in November and I have a cute little bench right by my front door!
Hint Hint!

Looks like that was a lot of work, but it turned out so beautiful.

and I'm just kidding about the hint hint

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm

That's so awesome Jana! It sure is pretty! Great job!
Tina

Return to “Quilting Photos”