Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilt Frames?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
9patchfav

Quilt Frames?

Post by 9patchfav » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:10 am

I am seeking advice on quilting frames. I would like one that I don't have to baste with. One that can be used for hand quilting...do they make one that works for hand and machine? I was looking at the Grace EZ3 FF and the A44...machine and frame is out of my price range.

Thanks for your help. 1quiltinnana has told me about the PVC one. Thanks again to you all.

Evie

Re: Quilt Frames?

Post by Evie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:19 am

With it being the holidays, it might take longer for someone to see this and post on it.

Whatever you decide please share with the rest of us.

Right now, I'm still getting comfortable with machine quilting without a frame. Not sure I would have room for it anyway.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:35 am

9patch - the good thing about the PVC one is that you can take it apart quickly for storage. I saw a quilter using one at a quilt show. When she needed to work on a different section she just picked up the frame and turned it without even getting out of her chair. She did beautiful quilting with it.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:55 pm

I have one of the PVC ones that cindyg mentioned and I have used that for hand quilting and it works just fine. I like that you can tilt the frame toward you so it makes it more comfortable to sit at. It is very easy to set up and take down which another thing I like about it. I have since begun to do machine quilting on my home sewing machine without a frame but I would eventually like to get a machine quilting frame for a midarm machine.

Ann

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”