Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Confused About Machines

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
SparetimeQuilter

Re: Confused About Machines

Post by SparetimeQuilter » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:48 am

I have the Viking Sapphire 870 quilt that just came out in the past couple of months and I love it! It has great throat space (10") and sews like a dream. I haven't gotten to do actual machine quilting on it yet, still in the piecing stage of a double wedding ring but I will let you know as soon as I do.

lv2create

Post by lv2create » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am

I have the Babylock Espire and love love love it. It does it all.

BackToQuilting

Post by BackToQuilting » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:32 am

Thanks everyone for your great advice. I purchased the Babylock Espire last week and all I can say is..WOW !!! I plan on practicing machine quilting and free motion the next few days - very excited.

Anyone tried the FLYNN free motiion quilting frame?

Have a great day !
Alex

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:37 pm

BackToQuilting - congrats on your Espire. I know you will have many, many hours of fun on that machine.

piecemaker1

Post by piecemaker1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm

BackToQuilting,
It seems to me there was some discussion about the Flynn Frame somewhere on this board. I don't think many liked it. So you may want to try to search out the discussion.

piecemaker1

sandyp

Post by sandyp » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:47 am

I got to "test drive" lots of different machines in the classes I took last year at Paducah, and the BabyLock Espire was my very favorite....so much so that I bought one. (And I didn't even know I was looking for a new sewing machine!) I love it!

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Look for features you want and need and a good throat space; important feature there. I have a White Quilting/Sewing machine...I really do like it; I have a New Home (Janome brand) and it is computerized...I love it; but, doesn't have the Walking foot with it or a 1/4" foot with it....have to mark that or put tape there to stitch a quilt....It is a very good machine. The newer models prob. have more quilting attachments with them .....My White brand machine does have all the attachments for quilting. Good Luck.

ThreadsbyJB

Post by ThreadsbyJB » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 am

I have a Janome 1600P-DBX and it is a great machine. This machine has only one stitch and that is the only thing I don't like about it. I still use my Brother PC6500 for other sewing, it has everything. Sorry someone had problems with a Brother, mine has been great. My dream machine is the Janome 6600P. Maybe next year!!!!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 am

I think it's a good balance between what you like and which dealers are close by (for servicing).

Mandomom

Post by Mandomom » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:17 am

I'm new to the forum and only been quilting since the first of the year. I took classes and now I'm hooked! I love to quilt. I had a Singer 7442 and traded it for a Baby Lock Quilter's Choice. WOW! And because I have a better machine I'm wanting to quilt even more. This machine is fantastic. I had looked at the Vikings, and Berninas but they were a little too much. I looked at the Baby Lock and just knew it was what I needed. And the shop where I bought it, the people in there were so helpful and answered all my questions. I'll have many, many years of great sewing with this machine.

Susan

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”