Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Automatic Threader instructions for Juki98Q

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Evie

Automatic Threader instructions for Juki98Q

Post by Evie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:40 pm

I couldn't figure out how to do this. The ladies at the Quilt store where I bought it couldn't figure it out either. DH, who doesn't even sew buttons on his shirt, sat down with a magnify glass and figured out how to do it. So, he decided to take pictures of the procedure along with instructions. Here they are.

http://tyshafer.net/Juki/'>http://tyshafer.net/Juki/

Tell us what you think.

And yes, he is a wonderful DH! :^)

Evie

Re: Automatic Threader instructions for Juki98Q

Post by Evie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 pm

BTW, you can make the picture bigger by clicking on it.

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:41 pm

You put the needle in the highest position and pull down the threader. The hook with come through the eye and grab the thread. You will grab it and pull it on through. You really should join the Juki forum on Yahoo for everything you ever wanted to know about your Juki. There's about 3000 members. Amie

calicopuzzle

Post by calicopuzzle » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:06 pm

You are making me jealous....my Juki is much older and doesn't have the auto threader....But, I do have it on my baby Juki T-100 and I love it. Yes, the trick is the needle in the high position. LUCKY YOU! :))

HomespunMary

Post by HomespunMary » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

Cool Evie! I too had some initial problems figuring that out on my Viking Platinum. It has the same kind of needle threader. I did eventually see how to do it, but it would have been quicker with these pics! :-)

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”