Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Love the Log Cabin Quilt

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
sdaisyd

Love the Log Cabin Quilt

Post by sdaisyd » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:12 am

Hi, I am a new member to this list. I have a longarm gammill. I quilt for myself and for friends. I make baby quilts for children's hospital. I have made this quilt for myself and need some ideas on how to quilt it. Has anyone done this quilt?

Tiggersmom

Re: Love the Log Cabin Quilt

Post by Tiggersmom » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:24 am

Hi sdaisyd! Welcome
I have a Gammill too and have been quilting for others for just about 3 1/2 years.

I love the log cabin. I've done a few with a panto pattern of different styles. An all over meander looks nice too.

Show pics when you have it finished!!!

sdaisyd

Post by sdaisyd » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:27 pm

I must correct the other message. The quilt is the Elenor Burns quilt. The log cabin makes a heart. It is in her book Still Stripping After 25 Years. Thought about stiching in the ditch in the heart then stippling around it. I will try to post picture when finished.

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:28 am

Welcome, sdaisyd!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics too!

Mastiff Mom

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:09 am

Please post photos of your quilts...would love to see them and your quilting....sounds wonderful.

linda808

Post by linda808 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm

I am truly a true beginner, I have wanted to make a quilt for about 6 yrs. I have almost got the nerve to try it! It seems so complicated to me. I have the Log Cabin book and have ordered the tape, I can't hardly wait for it to arrive.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”