Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

featherweight sewing machines

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
orientalfan

Re: featherweight sewing machines

Post by orientalfan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:49 pm

I am a huge fan of featherweight machines and have watched them on ebay for a long time. Portable, lightweight, and easy to maintain, they are great to take to classes and I have sewn almost everything on them. I own a black 1950 that was my mother's and my husband recently bought me a white (1960's)featherweight. In addition, I have a Singer 66 and a 301A long bed. With the exception of my mother's machine, the rest were bought on ebay and I have been very pleased. Make sure to inquire as to whether they have a bobbin case. Some do not and it is expensive to purchase a bobbin case seperately. Be careful to ask about mold or mildew as that is difficult to remove, expecially from the case. I agree that it is important to watch bidding carefully, and there are times when a great deal is to be had.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”