Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

who has the A1 Elite ??

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Holon

who has the A1 Elite ??

Post by Holon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:27 am

I would love to hear how you like this machine. This is the one I want to get when I get a longarm. Any advice?

gardenquilter

Re: who has the A1 Elite ??

Post by gardenquilter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:08 pm

I am totally unfamiliar with this one - but then I tend to have tunnel vision ha ha when it comes to mine

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm

This is a fairly popular machine. Have you tried www.longarmuniversity.com or www.houseofhanson.com

Also, on Yahoo, there a about 100 different forums for longarmers and wannabees. I'm in 76 of them. There are brand specific groups- APQS, Gammill, Prodigy, etc. And then there are general longarm groups for anyone with a mid/longarm system. All are very busy. Amie :o)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:02 am

Holon, good to see you! I have an acquaintance who used a Gammill for several years. She sold it and got herself an A-1 - she said it was the best thing she ever did. Something about less vibration and the smoothness of operation. But, you know, to each his own. Is there a place where you can go to test drive several? I know, you need to come to the Houston Int'l. Quilt Festival. They have them all there for you to try.

qltsbme

Post by qltsbme » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:01 pm

If I didn't have my Gammill, the A-1 is the one that I would choose. Not real pretty but a great little machine!

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi Holon....I have an APQS which I love. But I think everyone loves whatever they have. My friend has an A-1 and she has been very happy with it. I think they have only one model....but I'm not sure. I know she has more quilting space on her A-1 than I have on my Liberty. Seems like all the machines each have something good or something bad. Just wish it could all be wrapped up into one machine. Guess I went with the APQS because I had a friend who had one. Had no way of testing them all. But I'm very happy. I don't think you would go wrong with an A-1.

marcia

Post by marcia » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:59 pm

I have a short arm that is from A1 and it was used when I got it but it is a good little machine. When I am ready to upgrade I will go with A1. I have been to there shop near Springfield, Mo and they are very nice and willing to help with any questions. The only thing with my machine now is it is very pickey about the thread and tension. I would have already got a new machine except we have not decided if we are staying here or moving nearer to my daughter. Good luck with what ever machine you go with.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”