Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

which machine do you recommend?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
fiveonsunny

which machine do you recommend?

Post by fiveonsunny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:46 am

I am considering jumping in the long arm business and I was wondering which machine is your favorite and why. I am looking at an innova.

auntjana

Re: which machine do you recommend?

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 am

You need to test drive and find the one that you are comfortable with. Make sure that you have enough throat space to handle the size block you may quilt. I had a machine that was too small and then bought one with a 24 inch throat. I like my Handi Quilter. Handi Quilter now has a bigger throat space machine.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:40 am

We love our Nolting, but wish we had a bigger throat. Ours is only 17" which, by the end of a quilt, allows only about 10" of stitching space. We don't have a dealer close to us, but in the 10 yrs we've had our machine we've had no problem that couldn't be solved over the phone. The customer service at Nolting is excellent.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:58 am

I love my Nolting! She was born in 1994 and Priscilla ( she) and I have been business partners for 17 years. She came to me with exoerience.

If I were ever going to add a friend for her and decided to go with something other than Nolting it would be Innova. They glide effortlessly across their frames and have attachments that the others don't. You can add the sequin reel, couch and much more.

Whatever you get I am sure you will love her!

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”