Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Pantograph problem

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Rkwday

Pantograph problem

Post by Rkwday » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 pm

I am a new longarm quilter with a HQ Avante doing my first pantograph quilt. I made a big mistake when I started by beginning in the very top corner of the quilt. Now as I'm getting close to finishing my machine is bumping into my take up bar. The only thing I can think to do is to NOT roll the quilt to advance to the next row. Anyone know how to do that and keep the correct spacing? Anyone seen a video addressing this issue? Thank you.

purrfect-lady

Re: Pantograph problem

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:51 am

That is a problem! And a problem I think any of us who have long arms have run into. We have a 17" throat on our machine and learned the hard way that the most we can do is a 10" pattern. To solve the problem you are having, we finally took the quilt off the machine and turned it around. This is tricky and requires careful placement of the quilt and possible turning your pattern around as well. I hope this helps.

mary z

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”