Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Long Arm vs Embroidery Machine - help!

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
etown

Long Arm vs Embroidery Machine - help!

Post by etown » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Novice here! Forgetting about cost for a moment, based on functionality alone, what would be the best type of machine for my new business? I'm looking for a way to stitch designs on a 30"x30" area. I'll be stitching a map of the world. It is not a continuous design which leads me more toward an embroidery machine, but I need to stitch a larger area than embroidery machines offer which leads me toward long arm quilting machines. Are computerized long arm machines easy to use for non-continuous designs? How do I match up the design on a long arm machine when I need to be able to stitch taller than the 12" or so available on the long arm? Thank you in advance!

Pilot2b

Re: Long Arm vs Embroidery Machine - help!

Post by Pilot2b » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 am

I am not much help, and I see you have had no response. were I you, I would visit some stores with both and see what YOU like. Functional, warranty, ease of use. I have a Brother embroidery Disney, never out of box. Have had for 10 years. So can not comment. Why, not out of box, suffer from Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome. No know cause, no cure and nothing to help. Well, sometimes I will take a Ritalin, but not very often.

Good luck, and let me know how you do in your research. Also the computer is a good start.

Good luck!

Helen

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”