Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Invisible thread

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Shea788

Invisible thread

Post by Shea788 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 am

I am making a tee-shirt quilt without batting. When using invisible thread for machine quilting, can the thread end be buried inside the quilt without the thread showing? If I do a locking stitch and then cut the end of the thread (instead of burying it), I would think the end would stick out because invisible thread seems stiff and wiry.

WeeOne

Re: Invisible thread

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi, I think you could bury the thread between the two layers. Just give yourself some extra thread, just for good measure. I would also do a locking stitch before hand. And I agree that I think some invisible thread can be difficult.
Lyn

Celticfan

Post by Celticfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm new to this but in my experience with soft cloth like t shirts , I might try tissue paper cheapest paper that I know of. Also if you have any very light stabilizer $ , that would help also. Maybe experiment on a small piece to see. But it helps give stability to the fabric and rips right off

Barbsjg22

Post by Barbsjg22 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 pm

You can bury the thread. It is easier with batting in between. The end can be pokey to the touch if you do not bury. I always use it on all my t=shirt quilts. Good Luck

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”