Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thoughts on Bernina 1230

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
LittleU

Thoughts on Bernina 1230

Post by LittleU » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:28 am

I like "older" sewing machines, and have a small collection: Singers, Elna, Pfaff, and a Janome. I'm wondering if any members have experience with the Bernina 1230. I'm looking for one because I've read good things about it on eBay reviews. However, I'd rather hear thoughts from fellow quilters, instead of from people who are selling "estate sale" finds. Thanks for any advice.
Little U

purrfect-lady

Re: Thoughts on Bernina 1230

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 am

I had a Bernie 1030 and it was a workhorse for me for 20 years. I loved it. But I used it so much that I literally wore out the parts on it and finally decided to get a new one 5 yrs ago rather than pay to fix it. Parts for older Bernies can be problematic. My dealer told me that there was an avalanche in Switzerland that took out their factory and with it the molds to make the older parts. Just saying that's what I was told. Good luck with your hunt.
Mary z

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”