Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Long-Arm Machine VS Quilting Frame for a Domestic Machine

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
JarOLimes

Long-Arm Machine VS Quilting Frame for a Domestic Machine

Post by JarOLimes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:24 pm

I am looking into two different options, getting a long arm or getting a quilting frame set up for my domestic machine. I have a sewing machine with pretty good throat space, so I'm not too concerned with not having enough quilting space. Any other pro's or con's that you can think of?

auntjana

Re: Long-Arm Machine VS Quilting Frame for a Domestic Machine

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:28 pm

You will be surprised at how much space is used up in the throat area from the rolled up quilt on the frame. I started with a domestic machine on a frame and was unhappy with the amount of space. So i bought a Hsndi Quilter Fusion, the 24 inch throat and love it! I can do so much more in my quilting. I originally thought the first machine wiuld have plently of space, but was oh so wrong.

Jana

randisbear

Re: Long-Arm Machine VS Quilting Frame for a Domestic Machine

Post by randisbear » Fri May 12, 2017 9:31 am

I just got an Artista sit downlong arm quilter that I am learning to use as it takes up much less space and standing too long is painful with my back and legs. There are many videos that show how to use sit down quilters and that is what I am doing now. I always used my other sewing machines before this and the difference in quilting is like night and day.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”