Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Walking foot

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
FlorenceM

Walking foot

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:30 am

I have a Singer domestic machine. It's been awhile since I gave machine quilted, and I cannot get walking foot on. I took off shank that other feet snap onto, but can't get bar of foot over screw that holds needle in and foot on the bar where it goes. Am I doing it wrong?

Help!

Flo

QuiltGram8

Re: Walking foot

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:29 am

I wish I could be there in person to see your problem and help you figure this out. I have to take the shank and screw off.
Then the walking foot just slides onto the arm and I line up the holes and screw it in place. My walking foot came with a different screw, but the one that holds my other shank in place works just fine, so I just use it.

I could post some pictures if that would help.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:01 am

Velda, a pic would help.

Thanks

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:51 am

Flo - See if one of these You Tube videos helps you out.

I have a Bernina and when I put my walking foot on I have to lift up the little handle that puts my feet up or down. In the up position I can still get it to lift another quarter inch or so and need that to get foot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-lcZFL ... -lcZFLGs_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSGzNBr ... SGzNBrJ1A4

Hope this helps.
Lyn

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:20 pm

You should be able to find information on the Singer website if not on YouTube. Good luck!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 am

Here are a few pictures:

I tried to get all the angles. And the directions as well. Hope you can zoom in enough to read them.

After looking at the video links that Lyn gave you, these walking foot attachments are all pretty much the same between machines, I think you will be able to figure this out the rest of the way.

Velda

HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:42 am

Flo, Did you get your walking foot to work? I hope you got it all figured out by now.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:34 am

Still haven't gotten walking foot on machine...The other 2 window curtains I used free motion foot. Haven't been sewing since. But I am going to play with it on scraps and just make notes so I will always know.

Thanks Velda

Flo

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:24 am

Check with a sewing machine dealer, I heard that some machines won't take walking foot attachment and some machines have a manufacturing defect that it will break the shank that walking foot not for that lvl machine..

Can also use the darning foot for quilting the little circle some is 1/2 circle I've worked with it on baby quilts.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:13 pm

I have been using my free motion foot, but as soon as house is ready for DD & DGD, I will be back on my machine...but I did learn how to drive a tractor today.

Flo

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”