Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Help the newbie!

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Emdclark

Help the newbie!

Post by Emdclark » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:09 am

Hello, I have an opportunity to get a grace Frame with a husqvarna machine for 1500.00. I am very new at looking into long arm quilters and I''''m not sure if this is a good thing or not. Help me out please!

WeeOne

Re: Help the newbie!

Post by WeeOne » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:05 am

Sorry no one has answered you, and I'm no help on your question. I have a Handy Quilter Sweet 16, sit down machine, and I love it.

Price sounds good. Good luck.
Lyn

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 am

I looked at a few long arm in trade shows.. Different makes have their perks..

Price you quoted sounds good.
My view of owning a long arm would be as a group where everyone pitches in the price and all group can use it then it be stable in someones home and have ladies pay to use it having the owner home to show/tell..

Would use this till machine is paid off then would see if the demand is there or not..

2nd option for me is getting used machine to work with till really know what is the best for you.

3rd option go some place where they rent by the hour to get a feel and learning about machine before buying ..

Like said: that is my way but if you can afford go for it not worry later it can be sold if not for you..

campnahay

Post by campnahay » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:41 am

It is a good price if all is working well. I would ask to see quilts that it was used on as far as the Husqvarna! I have a grace frame with a Juki machine on the carriage and have used it for over 10 years. There are informative U tube videos for all levels of quilter!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:25 pm

I had a Grace frame and the Pfaff Grandquilter. Nice machine, but the throat space was way too small for the take up rod and the quilt as you rolled it onto that rod, as you quilted. It was frustrating to me, so I gave it up and bought a Handiquilter Fusion which has a 24 inch area in the throat of the machine. Much nicer to use.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:44 am

check out a few you tubes from missouri quilt and quilt in a day might help you further.

Suecitysue

Post by Suecitysue » Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am

Are there any tips for spacing your rows with qbot

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”