Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

My Statler is jerking and jumping

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
LeslieKC

My Statler is jerking and jumping

Post by LeslieKC » Sat May 30, 2015 9:30 am

My Gammill Statler is jerking and jumping while it is sewing a pattern. It is causing the stitches to be off and the pattern to move anywhere from a 1/4" to 1/2". I am not sure what is causing it to do this. I just paid to have someone come out and service it two months ago. Please Help!

rosebud3

Re: My Statler is jerking and jumping

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:51 pm

I would call the service people back and let them know after servicing was done your machine was working worse than before the servicing, and explain what is happening. They should be willing to come back at no charge if it was their oversight that caused the issue to occur. The least you can do is try.

Mary/Rosebud

purrfect-lady

Re: My Statler is jerking and jumping

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 am

Have you checked to make sure your frame is level all the way across and also that the track your wheels run on is completely clean of dust, lint, thread, and (in my case!) cat hair?

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”