Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Quilting Frame

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
VCastillo45

Quilting Frame

Post by VCastillo45 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:54 am

Hello Everyone!! I am interested in purchasing a quilt frame. Has anyone ever used a Brother Innov-is 2800d or 400E for a frame. I love to quilt, but still bit of a beginner. I'd hate to have to buy a special machine for frame. Thanks & God Bless!!

rosebud3

Re: Quilting Frame

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:18 pm

V I have never used any of these, but you may want to drop by the sew-in thread and ask the girls over there. By the way, I've never seen you on here so I would like to welcome you and invite you to come back soon.

Mary/Rosebud

GailT

Re: Quilting Frame

Post by GailT » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello V. I just joined but would like to answer your post. I have a Brother 1500D that I have on a Grace frame. The sewing machines you mentioned aren't frames for quilting and don't have much of a distance to work with as does mine. For that reason, having only about an 8" space to quilt in before having to advance the quilt, I broke down and bought an Innova 26" longarm. I got it in December and love it. I had never quilted on anything like it before and what a difference it is from the 1500D.
If you're not going to do any serious quilting you might be happy with it. I hope this helps you.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”