Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Brother 1500 vs Janome1600

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
salsfam

Brother 1500 vs Janome1600

Post by salsfam » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:09 am

I am looking into purchasing one of these machines but have heard conflicting reports on their stitching while attached to the Gracie Frames. Does anyone have experience with these machines

GailT

Re: Brother 1500 vs Janome1600

Post by GailT » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:21 pm

I do!!!! I have a Brother 1500D on a Grace Frame. I hate it. I have had it for almost 2 years. I've used it with lots of frustration. The working area is only about 8" by the width of your frame. By the time I got going on the quilt it would be time to advance it.
Be VERY careful what frame you get also. The one I have is very flimsy. The rails can barely hold the weight of a quilt and they do bend when one is on. I have a 10 foot frame.
As you advance to the end of your quilt the take up bar gets so full you will only have about an inch to quilt in. Literally. I had to turn the quilt around to finish it.
I broke down last Nov. and bought an Innova 26" longarm and it's the difference between night and day. I love it. I didn't get the robotics yet but hope to one day. I hope this helps.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”