Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Gammill isn't tracking correctly

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
ebcody

Gammill isn't tracking correctly

Post by ebcody » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:33 pm

I can't figure this out. My Gammill vision 18/8(2011)fights me at a certain point on the frame. I try to stitch a curve or echo or do pebbles and the machine will only go in the direction it wants to go. I've cleaned the tracks, checked to see if a seam on the back is not allowing the machine to glide smoothly, and checked the back to see what could be hindering the stitching process--all to no avail. It happens in more than one area and my stitching inevitably looks like a first grader took over. This is a used machine I purchased through a dealer and it is my first midarm/longarm machine. If I can't figure this out, I'll get rid of this machine and get a different type of machine. Does anyone have any ideas?

gershwin64

Re: Gammill isn't tracking correctly

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Maybe you have the take up roller to low and it's causing it to catch?
Tina

purrfect-lady

Re: Gammill isn't tracking correctly

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:35 am

Tina, that is possible. You should be able to put a finger beneath the take up roller.

Something that caused this problem in our machine, says my DH who does our long-arm quilting - is that the electrical cord to the machine got hung up in the track that guides it to the machine.

One other idea - we used to have an Inspira frame and it had a joint in the middle. If the frame wasn't exactly level, it would cause the machine to jerk whenever it went over that joint.

If you figure it out, please let us know so we can all add it to our 'troubleshooting list' of things to check out when WE have problems! Good luck!

Mary

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”