Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Brother RPE500

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
SharB88

Brother RPE500

Post by SharB88 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 am

I am thinking about purchasing this machine for very small embroidery projects. Does anyone have advice they would like to share?

WeeOne

Re: Brother RPE500

Post by WeeOne » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:57 am

Don't know the price of this machine, but I will tell you what happened about 3 years ago when a friend talked to me about buying an embroidery machine from Walmart. I talked with my machine repairman and he told me to see his brother, who sells Brother's. Both told me that they cannot get parts for these machines. The machines in the box stores may have a brand name, but they are made for them by a cheaper company. They are considered 'throw away machines'. I talked my friend into putting a crowbar into her wallet and spending about $1,300 for a real Brother machine that had a lot more capabilities to it. She has never regretted the purchase. She thought she only wanted something that did a 4 x 4 size hoop, but was quickly using the larger hoops.

That's my 2 cents.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:34 am

I know nothing about this machine - or any embroidery machine for that matter. I do know that I bought a cheapie Brother at Walmart once while traveling and I needed a machine. It was around $100. And I got what I paid for. It wouldn't sew worth a dang. It kept jamming up. 6 months later we finally gave it away to DH's co-worker who wanted it to mend his clothes. He wanted to give us money for it but we refused to take it, telling him he was doing us a favor by taking it.

DH's Sis-I-L has a Brother short-arm quilting machine - for about 9 yrs now, and she seems to like it fine.

So that's all I have about Brothers. I'm sure the more expensive models are as good as any other brand. But with all the other brands out there to choose from, I personally, wouldn't buy another Brother.

ollie1shoe

Post by ollie1shoe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:14 am

Well my 2cents worth I have a singer a Janome a Babylock. Actually I had 2 babylocks And recently purchased the brother dream weaver 3000 and I traded one of the babylocks for it I did not want a embrodiery machine but let me tell you this dream weaver is excellent so far the best I have ever sewed on wish I could help you on the specific machine you asked about

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”