Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

stich regulator

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
sillyCat5

stich regulator

Post by sillyCat5 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:51 am

I am thinking of purchasing a baileys sitdown machine. I do a lot of free motion quilting on my dsm. do I really need a stich regulator or is it mainly for straight stiching?

purrfect-lady

Re: stich regulator

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:08 am

I can't say if you need a stitch regulator or not. We have one on our Nolting LA. It came with it. I've never tried quilting without it. Can you try it without first and see how it goes? Maybe you won't need it. You could always get it later, couldn't you?

cindyg

Re: stich regulator

Post by cindyg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 am

Hello - it's me again - LOL. Ours came with a stitch regulator which really helps me but I do know that the people who learn to quilt without the regulator are better quilters because they development a better touch and rhythm when they use non-regulated machines. I have done some free-hand micro-quilting with the stitch regulator turned off and I didn't have a problem. If I could practice a lot I'd probably not use the stitch regulator but I work full time so when I have the time to quilt it's always in a hurry so I mostly use the regulator.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”