Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

pros and cons about purcasing embroidery/quilting machine

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
ollie1shoe

pros and cons about purcasing embroidery/quilting machine

Post by ollie1shoe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:13 am

so if you were wanting a good embroidery machine but thinking about you might want to quilt on it also what brand and model would you be considering I hate to pay such big bucks for embroidery machine as I may not use it that often and im thinking if I could use it for sewing projects I might think I would get more for my money then I think will it do as good of a job on embroidery if its a multi tasking machine im just wanting feed back if you have a machine that does both are is just asking for trouble in the maintance and repair and upkeep

purrfect-lady

Re: pros and cons about purcasing embroidery/quilting machine

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 am

Glenda, if you like your current sewing machine, would you consider a used machine with embroidery capacity so you don't have so many of your best dollars tied up in it? Then if you find you love it, you can always go bigger and better.

Suzquilts

Post by Suzquilts » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:24 am

I bought a refurbished Viking that embroiders and it does wonderful sewing and piecing. I even used it to for the actual machine quilting until I got my short arm. They will usually add a service package for just a little bit more.

Got mine from a dealer and have never regretted it. It has paid for itself in what I've sold at craft sales with the embroidery feature. Be sure and play with all of the machines you are considering to be sure of ease of use, and to be sure the size of the embroidery designs are what you want. My Scandinavia 300 lets me download designs from a website and copy to a card that goes directly into it so I'm not limited to buying designs from the manufacturer.

Hope all that makes sense, and is of help.

Susan

tonka2shoes

Post by tonka2shoes » Wed May 21, 2014 3:59 pm

tonka2shoes

Post by tonka2shoes » Wed May 21, 2014 4:00 pm

I bought a Bernina 580 about a year ago. Had never sewed my in life and I am so close to 60 I'm shaking hands with it. Love love, love my Bernina. I absolutely love the embroidery. I was afraid I would regret it but I just regret not buying the Bernina 830. Someday.....LOL

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”