Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Gammill, needle stuck in down position.

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
skdecker

Gammill, needle stuck in down position.

Post by skdecker » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:41 am

I own a Gammill Classic Plus. The needle is stuck in the down position. The motor humms like it wants to come up but doesn't. Thanks!

Ragdolls

Re: Gammill, needle stuck in down position.

Post by Ragdolls » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 am

The belt on my machine had to be tightened some.

CindyC10

Post by CindyC10 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:02 am

My needle is also stuck in down. Was working fine and started humming. You could not use the stitch on/off switch to stop. I had to turn off the power. I managed to remove the needle without tearing a hole in the quilt. You cannot turn the hand wheels to get the needle bar to go up or down. This has never happened before I have been using this machine for 10 years. Any ideas of what is wrong?

Ragdolls

Post by Ragdolls » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:47 am

I had a problem with that again the other day. I have a Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter and the brushes had to be sanded. I think they are after market. Also the controls were opened and it had lost contact. After putting them back together it worked great. Hope this helps.

Ragdolls

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”