Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Broke my Gammill?!? Help!

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
Cherylicious

Broke my Gammill?!? Help!

Post by Cherylicious » Thu May 30, 2013 6:32 pm

I changed my needle on my longarm when I changed to a finer thread, I lined it up with the magnet and everything seemed fine, went to take a stitch and start sewing and it made a noise and the needle went only partway down. After that, none of the buttons on the screen or the handles, front or back, will do anything. I turned it off and back on twice, the manual wheel still moves and nothing appears stuck, I have no idea what else to try. I have a Vision 26. Please tell me I didn't kill it!?!

Nadine2007

Re: Broke my Gammill?!? Help!

Post by Nadine2007 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Did you get your machine To work? I am curious I have a gammil and I have never had this happen. Bev

Cherylicious

Post by Cherylicious » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Yep. Turned out it was one of the fuses in the back. I called the guy who does service in my area (plus the whole west coast, Alaska, Nevada, and Arizona) He not only told me my machine was "quilter proof" but he helped me fix it over the phone in about 5 minutes. It took gammill 2 days to even call me back. Needless to say, he's forever in my phone as the gammill genius. Thanks for asking, there's not a lot of easy help out there for our machine I've discovered....

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Any problems I have had with my Gammil they have helped me fix it over the phone. Glad you figured out what was wrong with your machine. I always have my phone number for the dealer handy too I know what you mean.

skdecker

Post by skdecker » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:28 am

Gammill. I own a Gammill Classic Plus. The needle is stuck in the down position. The motor hums like it wants to come up but doesn't. Thanks for any suggestions.

auianward

Post by auianward » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:40 am

Is there one or two fuses on the machine..Is location the two black knobs on the right back of machine.....Can they be purchase at local store or have to get from quilt supply store?

auianward

Post by auianward » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:41 am

Has anyone accidentally put the throat plate on backwards? What happened?

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”