Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

long arms

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
STYLESMAX

long arms

Post by STYLESMAX » Mon May 13, 2013 12:37 pm

does any one have a bailey long arm machine?

scrapquilter48

Re: long arms

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm learning all about long arm through your messages. Had no idea, that many different companies.

SHELDONSMA

Post by SHELDONSMA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 pm

HI.
I''''M in a dilemma! I need some wise info from fellow quilters..

I am terminally ill...I have 65 quilts on varying stages that Id love to finish before I''''m finished. Original plans were to hand quilt all, I now know that time might knit allow that, so I want to buy a machine and get more done...I g have such huge medical bills that I don''''t think I can justify the machines calling my name.

SO, I am considering the JUKI machines. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH JUKI MACHINES I want to add laser, stitch regulator, and speed control.

SHELDONSMA

Post by SHELDONSMA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Me, again! The screen too small wouldn''''t scroll for me to finish.
The JUKI models might be adequate but really the throat is quite.small, Di think??????? Anyone know of a reasonable priced quality MACHINE ONLY, for not much more than $2,300. I don'''t want to put my hubby in poor farmm. I have to be able to quilt using the movement of the machine while sitting. asy chemo has made iti impossible to quilt using the freehand method moving the quilt y sweet Hubby Is buildng the table./Frame. SO, I ONLY WANT THE MACHINE.
WHAT CAN ANYONE SUGGEST? The 2300 will be a big stretch.. but it is the maximum for sure. Thanks, God Bless!!

tonka2shoes

Post by tonka2shoes » Wed May 21, 2014 2:48 pm

I am looking for a longarm that will fit on a Grace Frame. Just bought it as I was told it would be perfect for my Bernina 820. Grrr. Now I realize that I will have problems with the end of a quilt as well. Can anyone give me any ideas. I have no clue what machine will fit and which ones won''''t. I also bought the Quilt Motion Software and really would like a machine that is compatible with that.

Any help that anyone can give me is so very much appreciated. I have already spent so much $$....$10,000.00 for the frame and the software. Now I find that I could have gotten a Liz Tinney (not sure if that is spelled right) the 12'''' frame and quilt motion for that price. Feel scammed by a dealer. :(

loveofbailey

Post by loveofbailey » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 am

I had a JUKI TL98 on a grace lite quilting frame and finished several quilts with it but found that I really didn't have the room to quilt every mush after the quilt was rolled on the back of the machine,no room left. So I would only get about seven inches quilted and would have to roll it again. I purchased the Baileys 15 inch and have gotten four quilts done since I purchase it in June. This only cost $2000.00 I love IT! I had looked at several high priced ones and found Baileys was just as good for what I needed and wasn't so expensive. I'm so happy I purchased this now I have so much room. Thank you for listening. Shar

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”